COVID-19 UPDATE 8: Grab Service Fully Operational, Continues to Support The Community
*Attribute to Sean Goh, Country Head of Grab Malaysia
It’s been several difficult weeks for Malaysians, and the announcement to restart the economy has been long anticipated.
But what does it mean for our community of merchants, drivers, delivery partners and users in Malaysia?
First and foremost, all our Grab services – rides, food, mart and delivery services will be fully operational within the approved hours and with full adherence to the procedures defined by the authorities. For our drivers and delivery partners, they can continue to receive support virtually via our Help Centre, until further notice.
Secondly, we will continue our efforts to support, safeguard and protect our community of partners’ income and wellbeing at this times:
Driver & delivery Partners
- Grab Partner Protection Fund of RM1,000 fund for partners who test positive, and RM300 for those required by MOH to self-quarantine
- Grab ‘Partner Relief Fund’ in the form of Grab vouchers worth up to RM300 per active partner to help with daily expenses such as mobile top-ups, essential food and groceries
- Distribution of more than one million free masks for our drivers and delivery partners
- Grab Small-Biz Relief (GSR) Programme which provides financial aid of up to RM3,000 for small independent restaurants (RM3 rebate/order)
- ‘Local Heroes’ marketing campaign to create awareness and increase demand for small, independent restaurants on our Grab platform.
- e-Kitchen Bazar Ramadan and GrabExpress Ramadan to support small traditional micro-SMEs and home sellers during the holy month of Ramadan
Consumers and community
- Waiving costs for services provided to 20 NGOs to continue supporting their humanitarian efforts
- GrabRewards donation drive to support underprivileged communities, matched by Grab via discounted redemptions
- Timely and accurate official information from the government to combat #FakeNews
I also want to urge our Grab community to not be lax in practising proper health and hygiene measures. Please wear a mask at all times, sanitise your hands, check your temperature when possible, and disinfect your vehicles and delivery bags regularly. Do continue to practise social distancing, as well as contactless and cashless deliveries.
Together, we are confident that we will get through this difficult time, but the road ahead will not be a smooth one. In these difficult times, I am heartened by our community, as we continue to show kindness to one another, and to our hardworking fellow Malaysians in the frontlines.
Take care, stay safe and Selamat Berpuasa.
– END –
Other COVID-19 Updates:
- COVID-19 UPDATE 1: Grab Services Uninterrupted, Will Continue to Serve our Community
- COVID-19 UPDATE 2: Safeguarding Malaysia’s Livelihoods
- COVID-19 UPDATE 3: Protecting Our Partners’ Well-Being
- COVID-19 UPDATE 4: Grab Announces Rebates for Small, Independent Restaurants & Hawkers; and Zero Commissions for Whatsapp, Facebook or Phone Orders
- COVID-19 UPDATE 5: Grab Partners With 20 NGOs to Support Underserved Communities
- COVID-19 UPDATE 6: Grab Distributes 1 Million Free Masks to Delivery Network to Serve Malaysians Safely
- COVID-19 UPDATE 7: Grab Ramps up Safety Efforts to Curb Illicit Activities
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all region
GRAB LAUNCHES GRABCHAT, SOUTHEAST ASIA’S FIRST OF ITS KIND IN-APP MESSAGING PLATFORM
In-app messaging platform specifically designed to improve Grab’s passenger ride experience for a quicker pickup while maintaining safety for drivers