COVID-19 UPDATE 3: Protecting Our Partners’ Well-Being
- Grab establishes two funds to support driver & delivery partners.
- Grab works with Government of Malaysia to provide updated and accurate news.
*Attributed to Sean Goh, Country Head, Grab Malaysia.
With the extension of the MCO, it is even more imperative for us to look out for our network of delivery-partners as they continue to serve our consumers.
To our partners: We just want you to know that you are in our hearts and minds. Every day, you are not just placing your trust in our platform to earn a living but in a family of people who are part of your community. So during these trying times, we are taking these small steps towards supporting you better:
- Grab ‘Partner Protection Fund’ of up to RM1,000 per driver or delivery-partner: We have set up a protection fund to help partners who are either tested positive, or are required by MOH to self-quarantine.
- Grab ‘Partner Relief Fund’ of up to RM300 per driver or delivery-partner: We will provide our active partners with vouchers to help with daily household expenses. These vouchers can be used on most Grab services, whether to reload your mobile, or to purchase essential food and grocery items at up to 50% off for their families during this period.
- Improved hygiene practices: To keep our community safe, we are providing our partners with free masks via GrabBenefits, and have worked with our partners to make two practices mandatory – hand sanitisation at the stores, and fully sealed packaging to prevent contamination and spillage.
In addition to this, Grab has rolled out more initiatives to protect our consumers and the larger community.
- Busting #FakeNews: Amidst the deluge of WhatsApp rumours, we have partnered with the Government of Malaysia to provide the Grab community with immediate access to the most accurate and timely information relating to Covid-19. Check the Grab app for the latest news.
- Go “cashless” with GrabPay and “contactless” deliveries: We deployed “contactless” deliveries to minimise the risks of physical contact, not just for the public, but for our partners too. In addition, all of our Food, Mart or Pasar deliveries are 100% cashless with GrabPay.
- Covid-19 Cover: We also introduced a Covid-19 cover which is available for Grab consumers when they opt in to the Ride Cover for only RM0.35 per ride. Please check the Insurance tile in the Grab app for more details.
Finally, we would like to share our deep thanks to the many drivers and delivery-partners out there who are soldiering on to put food not just on our tables, but also on their families’, as well as our nation’s healthcare workers. Please stay safe and healthy.
Other COVID-19 Updates:
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all region
GRAB LAUNCHES GRABCHAT, SOUTHEAST ASIA’S FIRST OF ITS KIND IN-APP MESSAGING PLATFORM
In-app messaging platform specifically designed to improve Grab’s passenger ride experience for a quicker pickup while maintaining safety for drivers