GrabFood Unveils First GrabKitchen in Malaysia
- GrabKitchen is Grab Malaysia’s first cloud kitchen featuring 11 popular brands in one central location.
- GrabKitchen to help growing businesses and independent brands expand their reach and growth at a lower capital cost.
- Customers can ‘Mix & Match’ orders from different brands and pay one delivery fee.
Petaling Jaya, 25 January 2021 – Grab Malaysia today announced its first cloud kitchen, strategically located in Hartamas. The GrabKitchen is part of the company’s continuous efforts to support growing businesses and independent brands to grow and expand their business more efficiently.
First introduced in Jakarta in 2018, GrabKitchen has rapidly expanded to 55 cloud kitchens throughout Southeast Asia. Commenting on this, Sean Goh, Managing Director of Grab Malaysia said, “Our regional experience with GrabKitchen makes us a suitable partner for F&B operators to expand their operations to address the growing evolution of the food industry and customers’ needs. Not only is the GrabKitchen concept a unique and cost-efficient model for F&B operators, but they will also have ready access to our merchant support tools, strong delivery network and wide customer base.”
Goh added that they have observed how the financial impact of the pandemic has affected restaurants and brands, therefore, with GrabKitchen, the homegrown brand is able to help the ecosystem of partners while serving the cravings of customers in the following manner:
- Business expansion with low capital costs: GrabKitchen is a lower risk option for restaurants and brands to expand to new areas without extensive financial investment. The location and the curated list of high quality brands for each GrabKitchen are carefully selected based on the gaps in the market. Therefore, brands have a higher chance of performing better, without the marketing burden of managing and promoting an outlet on their own. Across the region, F&B brands in GrabKitchens saw an average of 1.6x more sales than their regular outlets.
- Variety and affordability: Based on customers’ insights and food preference, GrabKitchen offers a variety of favourites, ranging from Malaysian delights to western cuisine such as chapathi, nasi lemak, char kuey teow, bubble tea, salads and burgers. Customers can “mix and match” orders from over 10 popular brands while paying just one delivery fee, making it more convenient and affordable for sharing or simply enjoying a huge variety of dishes.
- More jobs, higher income: With more orders, this also translates to more jobs and income opportunities for our delivery network.
Keeping with health and safety requirements, all merchants and delivery partners need to scan their MySejahtera app upon entering, have their temperature checked, always have their mask on and also observe the necessary social distancing in and around the GrabKitchen. Additionally, the GrabKitchen is cleaned and sanitised daily for the best levels of food safety.
As the fastest-growing food delivery service in Malaysia, Grab hopes to expand its network of GrabKitchens across Malaysia to benefit and help more brands stretch and grow their business.
In line with the current movement control order, GrabKitchen is available from 10am to 8pm, with last orders to be placed by 9.20pm (subject to changes to the movement control order) or customers can also choose the ‘self-pick up’ (zero delivery fee) option.
For more information on GrabKitchen, please click HERE.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all region
GRAB LAUNCHES GRABCHAT, SOUTHEAST ASIA’S FIRST OF ITS KIND IN-APP MESSAGING PLATFORM
In-app messaging platform specifically designed to improve Grab’s passenger ride experience for a quicker pickup while maintaining safety for drivers