MCO 2021 #1: Grab Services Uninterrupted, Will Continue to Serve our Community
Attributed to Sean Goh, Managing Director of Grab Malaysia
Yesterday, Malaysia declared a two-week movement-control order for several states. We would like to assure that Grab’s services – Food, Mart, Express and Transport – will continue operating to serve our community in Malaysia. (For updates on our services and related operating hours, please check our app)
Our key focus is to continue safeguarding the income of our drivers, delivery partners and merchants, and to protect our community’s health and safety. In this challenging time, we believe that everyone in Malaysia has a part to play, to support one another as we tackle the effects of the pandemic.
Since the first MCO last year, we have taken steps to fast track the adoption of digital technology to help safeguard the livelihoods of our community, and will continue to ramp up our efforts. As such, we have immediately initiated the following:
Driver & delivery partners
- Boosting our delivery network: With new services launched and the growing demand for delivery services, we are once again deploying our drivers to boost our delivery network and also supplement their income due to the possible decline in transport needs. This will ensure customers will continue to have seamless access to our Food, Mart and Express services.
- Grab ‘Partner Protection Fund’: Our driver or delivery partner will receive up to RM1,000 to help with their medical needs if they are tested positive, or up to RM350 if they are required to self-isolate for precautionary purposes.
- Highest safety and hygiene standards via GrabProtect: To keep our community safe, our driver and delivery network will have easy access to masks, sanitisers, cleaners and disinfectant sprays via the GrabBenefits platform. Our driver and delivery network are also required to voluntarily submit daily health declarations through the Grab Driver App.
- “Food Courts by GrabFood” and expanded “Pasar by GrabMart”: We introduced these services last year to help digitalise more traditional merchants whilst providing access to affordable essentials like food and daily needs to our users. We hope to continue ramping our efforts further nationwide.
- Instant retail: With foot-fall possibly declining for our retailers, we will continue to support our growing retailers on Mart such as convenience, independent grocers and pharmacies with our instant delivery service.
- We will be announcing additional efforts to support our merchant community, please do look out for our communications.
- Contactless & Cashless deliveries: To ensure safer and more hygienic practices and protect our community, we encourage everyone to practice contactless deliveries and cashless payments with GrabPay to minimise the risks of physical contact.
- Carefully sealed packages: We are working with our merchants to ensure that all orders are carefully and appropriately sealed.
But we know that there is a long road to recovery ahead of Malaysia. We continue to urge our community to follow SOPs set as we support efforts to combat Covid-19. As a homegrown company, we are ready to join forces with the public sector, like-minded industry partners, and our community to help steer the nation towards recovery.
To all in the delivery services and frontliners, we thank you for your continued dedication and sacrifice in keeping us safe.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all region
GRAB LAUNCHES GRABCHAT, SOUTHEAST ASIA’S FIRST OF ITS KIND IN-APP MESSAGING PLATFORM
In-app messaging platform specifically designed to improve Grab’s passenger ride experience for a quicker pickup while maintaining safety for drivers