Support Your Favourite Local Heroes This Ramadan With Grab
- Grab rallying Malaysians to support local micro-entrepreneurs as well as NGOs and charities to sustain.
- Grab makes Ramadan favourites conveniently accessible through curated iftar menus, Grab Ramadan e-Kitchens and more.
- Grab makes all your Ramadan and Raya essentials even more affordable.
Petaling Jaya, 25 April 2020 – With the start of Ramadan finally upon us, Grab wants to support Malaysians to continue embracing the MCO and still have the opportunity to celebrate a meaningful Ramadan in a socially distanced and affordable way, all while helping local businesses and micro-entrepreneurs to thrive.
“Like all festive seasons, Ramadan is close to our hearts and we want to make sure that we do not lose that sense of shared culture that is intrinsic to us. With over 1,000 of our restaurant-partners and vendors making Ramadan favourites easily available on our platform, we hope that Malaysians will still be able to observe the holy period of Ramadan while staying safe,” said Sean Goh, Country Head of Grab Malaysia.
Grab wants to ensure that Malaysians get to enjoy their favourite Ramadan dishes and snacks during this period of social distancing. Therefore the homegrown company’s efforts will focus on providing the nation with access to their favourite Ramadan dishes while making Raya preparations convenient to give Malaysians a memorable experience this festive season.
Your Favourite Delights From Your Local Heroes
- GrabFood Ramadan Favourites: a specially curated menu of Ramadan favorites for iftar by GrabFood merchants, such as The Chicken Rice Shop, Tetangga Kita, and Hayaki, just to name a few. Malaysians can get their favourite food items delivered to their homes from over 900 restaurant-partners on GrabFood. Grab is also working with local state councils in Seberang Perai City and Perak to make Ramadan favourites easily available and delivered via GrabFood.
- Grab Ramadan e-Kitchen: in partnership with the Selangor state government, your best loved Bazar Ramadan dishes are now available on GrabFood, from Murtabak, Apam Balik, Lemang and more. Grab’s Ramadan e-Kitchen is set up in 10 locations across Selangor where food is carefully prepared and packed with health and safety guidelines in place.
- GrabExpress Ramadan: Grab has activated a variety of social sellers to help them deliver their range of products during Ramadan from edible Raya treats to other Raya essentials. You can now shop for essential Ramadan and Raya items on the Grab app such as Raya cookies, an assortment of kuihs and even balang kuih raya.
*Note: Grab highly recommends users to order by 5pm so that their food arrives in time for berbuka and to also give our delivery-partners time to enjoy their iftar
Affordable Raya Essentials
To help ensure Malaysians get all their Raya necessities just in time for the season, Grab is making Raya shopping more affordable and convenient. Malaysians can enjoy savings of up to 30% across Grab’s services on their Raya necessities such as baju raya from Zalora and FashionValet, dates from Yusuf Taiyoob and cookies from Milky Way and Skinny Bakers.
If you need some inspiration on how to go about your celebrations this year, be sure to keep a lookout for our series of videos featuring Amy Search as he highlights his top Ramadan favourites on the Grab app, HERE.
Helping Others Celebrate
As Ramadan is a time for reflection, it is important to acknowledge communities who are less fortunate and the most in need during these uncertain times. With this in mind, Grab is encouraging users nationwide to donate to various NGOs and charities using their GrabRewards points through the app. Each redemption of 600 GrabRewards points will translate to a donation of RM5 to an organization of their choice, such as Malaysian Federation of The Deaf, Pertiwi Soup Kitchen, Islamic Relief Malaysia and more.
“We want to thank our delivery network for continuing to go above and beyond to serve Malaysia and for sharing the essence of Ramadan through their deliveries. In the spirit of Ramadan let’s practice mindfulness and continue to look out for each other in our communities, including those who are less fortunate. Together, we believe that Malaysia will get through this stronger and united than before,” added Goh.
For more information on the various initiatives and promotions for the festive season, as well as a list of the participating partners, please click HERE.
– END –
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Malaysians saved over RM27 Million on GrabFood!
GrabFood users across Malaysia have saved over RM27 million in 2023 thus far, just by opting for Saver delivery
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all region
GRAB LAUNCHES GRABCHAT, SOUTHEAST ASIA’S FIRST OF ITS KIND IN-APP MESSAGING PLATFORM
In-app messaging platform specifically designed to improve Grab’s passenger ride experience for a quicker pickup while maintaining safety for drivers