GrabRewards Gets A Boost with New Benefits and Travel Partnerships
- Largest loyalty programme in Southeast Asia teams up with Booking.com and Vietnam Airlines
- GrabRewards Platinum and Gold members to enjoy more exclusive offers from today
Singapore, 2 November 2018 — Grab, the leading Online-to-Offline (O2O) mobile platform in Southeast Asia, today announced its refreshed GrabRewards programme and new partnerships with Booking.com and Vietnam Airlines. The refreshed programme now brings more benefits to Grab’s most loyal users, such as members-only events, exclusive vouchers, travel deals and more. This is part of Grab’s Better Everyday commitment to continuously improve the customer experience.
Starting today, all GrabRewards Platinum and Gold users across the region will have access to preferred benefits including additional discounts on booking.com, available through the Grab app.
Grab has also added Vietnam Airlines to its list of homegrown airline partners on GrabRewards, which includes Singapore Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Cebu Pacific, and Thai Airways. From mid-November onwards, users in Vietnam can convert their GrabRewards points into frequent flyer miles to redeem flights and other benefits with Vietnam Airlines. With the new travel partnerships, GrabRewards now has the most comprehensive miles and travel loyalty programme for any O2O platform in the region.
Cheryl Goh, Group Vice President of Marketing, Grab said, “We are creating a unique loyalty programme where our users get reward points even for the smallest daily transaction, like buying a bun or a cup of coffee for breakfast, or just by going about their daily lives. Today, we are happy to be introducing more benefits and travel partners to our users through GrabRewards. Travel is huge in Southeast Asia, and that’s why we believe these partners really matter. We will continue to partner more of our users’ favourite brands and introduce more exclusive perks and experiences on GrabRewards.”
Exclusive rewards for Platinum and Gold users
Grab started a phased refresh of GrabRewards in July this year to expand the programme across the breadth of Grab services available today, and open more benefits for higher tier members.
Available from today, Grab’s refreshed GrabRewards programme now brings more benefits and rewards to Platinum and Gold users, including:
- Earn GrabRewards points faster and redeem ride and food deals for less: For every dollar spent, Platinum and Gold users earn 2x and 1.5x more points respectively than regular users. In addition, users of higher tiers enjoy preferential rates for Grab’s transport and food deals.For example, a $5 GrabFood discount can be redeemed at 1,900, 2,000, 2,100 and 2,200 points for Platinum, Gold, Silver and regular members respectively.
- Exclusive members-only events, giveaways and activities: Platinum users will receive exclusive monthly invitations to events and activities, such as flash sales, private fitness classes, movie screenings and more. This month, Platinum users will have the opportunity to take part in a special stayacation hotel suite giveaway. Gold users will also receive exclusive offers quarterly.
- Preferred benefits on Booking.com: Platinum and Gold users can access preferred benefits including additional discounts on booking.com. They will receive a notification from the Grab app with instructions on how to access the benefits.
- Exclusive vouchers for Platinum users: Platinum users can look forward to receiving surprise vouchers from Grab such as discounts off rides and vouchers for GrabFood orders. These vouchers will appear in their “My Rewards” wallet in the Grab app. This month, Platinum users will receive $5 off one GrabCar Premium ride voucher and $10 off GrabFood unique promotion code.
- Dedicated hotline for Platinum users: Platinum users will have a dedicated Platinum hotline for all Grab services, which provides a faster response time from Grab’s support team. Their ride bookings are also prioritised, which means they’ll get a ride faster than non-Platinum users.
Earlier this week, Grab announced a strategic partnership with Booking Holdings, which will enable Booking Holdings’ brands, the ability to offer on-demand transport services through their apps, powered by Grab. Grab users will also be able to book accommodations across the globe powered by Booking.com and agoda within the Grab app.
“It’s great that Grab is bringing more benefits to the GrabRewards programme. I’m looking forward to the exclusive events and greater discounts. These will definitely motivate me to use the app more for my daily rides and when I pay for things,” said Dione Quek, 25, Platinum member of GrabRewards.
GrabRewards is the largest loyalty programme in Southeast Asia that rewards users for everyday transactions. Users can earn GrabRewards across all Grab services, including transport, delivery (food and parcel) and mobile payments. For more information on GrabRewards, please visit https://www.grab.com/sg/grabrewards/.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing