Grab Introduces New Transport Vertical, GrabCoach, for Group Travellers and Corporate Consumers
- Over 200 13-, 23- and 40-seater buses and vans now available for booking via the Grab app – expanding Grab’s multi-modal ride services
- Passengers travelling in large groups can enjoy fixed fares with GrabCoach
- Grab’s platform enables fleet owners to scale and gain access to Grab’s passenger base
Grab, the leading ride-hailing platform in Southeast Asia, today launched GrabCoach, its new service catering to group travellers and corporate consumers. Starting today, passengers travelling in large groups can use the Grab app to book a GrabCoach, comprising a fleet of more than 200 13-seater, 23-seater and 40-seater vehicles. Fares are fixed and priced at $65, $95 and $150 for a one-way trip respectively.
Commenting on Grab’s newest transport offering, Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore, said, “Introducing GrabCoach right after GrabShare came as a natural choice, as we saw an opportunity to digitize the traditional coach-chartering business for a better customer experience. Now for the first time, those who need to travel in groups can conveniently schedule a GrabCoach within minutes via the Grab app without having to spend hours coordinating with coach companies.”
“Grab is all about making transportation accessible and safe to everyone through a multi-modal approach. We are continuously looking at how we can contribute to a car-lite society by reducing the number of vehicles needed on our roads. This means providing passengers with a mix of transport options to suit different needs, for various occasions and at different price points,” added Lim.
Bringing ride-hailing innovations to coach-charter companies
With Grab’s scalable and robust technology platform, GrabCoach provides small fleet owners with immediate access to Grab’s growing passenger base and innovative app features. Fleet owners can streamline their payments and communications with consumers via the Grab app through features such as GrabChat, Grab’s in-app instant messaging feature to facilitate quick communication between driver and passenger.
As with other Grab services, GrabCoach accepts cash and cashless payment options via its GrabPay cashless payment platform, such as credit cards, AliPay, Android Pay and GrabPay Credits. This enables fleet owners to focus on fleet management and growing their business on the Grab platform instead of investing considerable resources on building and maintaining their own technology, payments or customer service operations.
“We are excited to work with Grab to bring the latest innovations from the ride-hailing industry to the coach chartering business. At Go-Fleet, we help small transport companies scale efficiently through partnerships. Drivers and transport companies that have signed up with Go-Fleet have shared that access to Grab’s large passenger base as well as the company’s streamlined booking and payment processes are the top reasons for joining Grab. Many believe that Grab’s innovative features including real-time vehicle tracking and GrabChat will improve their service quality and overall competitiveness,” said Andy Lee, founder of Go-Fleet, a transport management company.
Paint the town green with GrabCoach
GrabCoach 13-, 23- and 40-seater can be booked on-demand or up to seven days in advance. Once a booking is confirmed, passengers can use the Grab app to access their driver’s profile, track their vehicle’s location in real-time, and be notified when their ride is arriving. GrabCoach is the latest extension of Grab’s multi-modal transport offering and caters to every function and occasion, such as:
- Family holidays: Large families no longer have to book two or more vehicles to travel to the airport or to weekend holiday chalets. GrabCoach 13-seater is perfect for families of six and above, and has ample room for all their baggage and barang barang.
- Wedding ceremonies: Keep wedding stress at bay by scheduling a 23 or 40-seater in advance for guests, especially when they are required to be at different locations throughout the day. GrabCoach ensures wedding guests get to the right destination on time.
- Corporate functions: Be it a team dinner, school excursion or corporate outing, team coordinators and event planners now have access to a ready fleet of mid to large coaches to transport them to their destinations. Corporate consumers can use the Grab for Work portal to manage, pay and expense corporate GrabCoach rides.
Download the Grab app today from the App Store and Google Play to experience GrabCoach 13-seater, 23-seater and 40-seater. Concierge teams can also book GrabCoach for guests via GrabVenue Terminals, Grab’s enterprise solution that allows multiple ride bookings. GrabVenue terminals are located within the following hotels, shopping malls and establishments:
For more information on GrabCoach, please visit https://www.grab.com/sg/coach/.