Welcome to GrabRent
To help diversify your income opportunities, we’ll be launching GrabRent in your city soon! Refer below to learn more.
GrabRent is a transport service that allows passengers to book a GrabCar (with driver) for a fixed amount of time.
🕵️ Things to note:
- Passengers can book for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Passengers can book either 4-seater or 6-seater cars for GrabRent.
- You will be required to drive for this type of booking.
- With travel restrictions relaxing, this service will cater to passengers that want to be driven around for a few hours at a time.
- Before starting your GrabRent booking, contact passengers to find out about their planned route. During the trip, passengers may request to make stops.
- This service type is offered in selected cities and is optional. Switch it on if you can commit to at least 4 hours of continuous hours of service for more income opportunities.
- For now, GrabRent bookings will only be applicable within your home city. Passengers are not allowed to request for stops that are outside the city.
Complete training to be eligible for GrabRent bookings. Click the button below to get started.
Alternatively, you can find the training in the GrabAcademy section of your driver app.
🚨 Disclaimer: This training/service type is only for selected driver-partners only. This service type will be switched on by default when it’s added to your account.
💡 Important notes:
- Currently, only cashless payment method will be available for this type of booking.
- If you switch on the service type, GrabRent bookings will be auto-accepted. Fare is subject to 20% commission.
- Fare excludes tolls & parking fee. These charges can be added in after the booking ends.
- If your passengers want to end the GrabRent booking earlier, you will be able to complete the booking earlier than the booked time and collect the full fare.
What does the amount shown on the GrabRent booking screen mean?
The amount shown on the booking screen is the upfront fare for the booking.
This amount excludes parking fee or toll. If these costs were incurred, you can add them in once the booking is completed (if any).
How many passengers are allowed for GrabRent bookings?
The number of passengers will depend on the type of car booked:
Who is allowed to book GrabRent?
Effective 14 September, only passengers with “Low Risk” or “Casual Contact (No Symptoms)” MySejahtera status are allowed to book our transport service.
If they have status other than the ones listed above, you may cancel the booking. For more info, click here.
What happens if my passengers want to end the GrabRent booking earlier?
You will be able to complete the booking earlier than the booked time and collect the full fare (20% commission applies).
What kind of payment method does GrabRent accept?
To protect driver-partners, we will only allow cashless payment method for GrabRent bookings.
Can I switch off GrabRent service type?
If you’re not ready or don’t want to receive GrabRent bookings, you can switch off the service type.
However, do switch it on if you can commit to at least 4 hours of continuous hours of service for more income opportunities.
Do I need to drive outside of my city for GrabRent bookings?
No, you will only be driving within your own city for now. If your passengers request for you to drive outside of your city, you may cancel the booking by calling our Customer Service via the driver app.