Welcome to GrabRent
To help diversify your income opportunities, we’ll be launching GrabRent in your city soon! Refer below to learn more.
GrabRent is a transport service that allows passengers to book a GrabCar (with driver) for a fixed amount of time.
🕵️ Things to note:
- Passengers can book for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Passengers can book either 4-seater or 6-seater cars for GrabRent.
- You will be required to drive for this type of booking.
- With travel restrictions relaxing, this service will cater to passengers that want to be driven around for a few hours at a time.
- Before starting your GrabRent booking, contact passengers to find out about their planned route. During the trip, passengers may request to make stops.
- This service type is offered in selected cities and is optional. Switch it on if you can commit to at least 4 hours of continuous hours of service for more income opportunities.
- For now, GrabRent bookings will only be applicable within your home city. Passengers are not allowed to request for stops that are outside the city.
Complete training to be eligible for GrabRent bookings. Click the button below to get started.
Alternatively, you can find the training in the GrabAcademy section of your driver app.
🚨 Disclaimer: This training/service type is only for selected driver-partners only. This service type will be switched on by default when it’s added to your account.
💡 Important notes:
- Currently, only cashless payment method will be available for this type of booking.
- If you switch on the service type, GrabRent bookings will be auto-accepted. Fare is subject to 20% commission.
- Fare excludes tolls & parking fee. These charges can be added in after the booking ends.
- If your passengers want to end the GrabRent booking earlier, you will be able to complete the booking earlier than the booked time and collect the full fare.
What does the amount shown on the GrabRent booking screen mean?
The amount shown on the booking screen is the upfront fare for the booking.
This amount excludes parking fee or toll. If these costs were incurred, you can add them in once the booking is completed (if any).
How many passengers are allowed for GrabRent bookings?
The number of passengers will depend on the type of car booked:
Who is allowed to book GrabRent?
Effective 14 September, only passengers with “Low Risk” or “Casual Contact (No Symptoms)” MySejahtera status are allowed to book our transport service.
If they have status other than the ones listed above, you may cancel the booking. For more info, click here.
What happens if my passengers want to end the GrabRent booking earlier?
You will be able to complete the booking earlier than the booked time and collect the full fare (20% commission applies).
What kind of payment method does GrabRent accept?
To protect driver-partners, we will only allow cashless payment method for GrabRent bookings.
Can I switch off GrabRent service type?
If you’re not ready or don’t want to receive GrabRent bookings, you can switch off the service type.
However, do switch it on if you can commit to at least 4 hours of continuous hours of service for more income opportunities.
Do I need to drive outside of my city for GrabRent bookings?
No, you will only be driving within your own city for now. If your passengers request for you to drive outside of your city, you may cancel the booking by calling our Customer Service via the driver app.
Enjoy 9% (RM8) Rebate at
- Valid from 15 Jan 2022 – 28 Feb 2022
- Minimum spend: RM88
- Limited to 62,500 redemptions
- TWO(2) redemptions per user throughout the campaign
1. Campaign period is from 15 January 2022 (12:00am) – 28 February 2022 (11.59pm).
2. GrabPay users are eligible for a “RM8 rebate” in your “My Rewards” when you spend a minimum of RM88 on a single receipt via GrabPay Wallet.
3. The offer of “RM8 rebate” is limited to a total of 62,500 redemptions throughout the campaign period.
4. Offer is valid for TWO (2) in-store redemptions with a cap of ONE(1) redemption per user per day throughout the campaign. Shared across AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, and AEON Wellness throughout the campaign period.
5. The “RM8 rebate” will be awarded instantly with a minimum transaction of RM88 with GrabPay at all outlets of AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, AEON Wellness; The rebate can be found under “My Rewards”. Rebate must be redeemed by clicking “use now” under “My Rewards” 30 days from the date of issuance.
6. The campaign will cease once all redemptions have been fully awarded or at the expiration of the campaign period, whichever is earlier.
7. Offer is based on a first come first served and while stocks last basis only.
8. Grab and AEON Group shall not be under any obligation to inform users, on any communication channels once the offer has been fully redeemed.
9. Offer is only available for AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, and AEON Wellness physical stores purchases at cashier counter only via GrabPay Wallet; offer is not applicable for online or GrabMart purchases.
10. Offer is not exchangeable for cash or replacements.
11. Offer is not valid with any other voucher, discount or promotion.
12. Grab and AEON Group reserve the right to alter, extend or terminate the promotion, or amend the terms and conditions at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the promotion, the decision of Grab and AEON Group shall be final.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with promotion shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.
14. This rebate is non-transferable to any party.