In an effort to ensure the safety of our driver-partners and passengers, Grab will be introducing a new rides policy effective 1 May, 2022.
Starting 1 May, 2022 all MySejahtera COVID-19 statuses are allowed EXCEPT “High Risk” and those on “Home Surveillance Order (HSO)”.
As a result, those WITH EITHER of these MySejahtera status will be impacted in the following way:
If your passengers refuse to wear a mask at pickup, you may cancel the trip without affecting your CR using “Passenger is not wearing a mask” cancellation reason.
If your passengers remove their mask mid-ride, you may lodge a complaint here after the ride.
You can either refer to the check-in screen or profile screen on MySejahtera for this purpose. Please ensure that the MySejahtera status is updated as of the date of your ride.
Check-in Screen (New Version)
Grab DOES NOT grant the right to ask for the following information on the MySejahtera app from both passengers and driver-partners while using the platform:
Q: Can I be denied an E-hailing ride on Grab because of my vaccination status?
A: No, you cannot. As long as your risk status is not “High Risk” or “Home Surveillance Order (HSO)”, you can take an E-hailing ride regardless of your vaccination status (i.e. not vaccinated, 1 dose and 2 dose).
Q: What should I do if the status of the driver-partner I have been assigned on Grab is “High Risk” or “Home Surveillance Order (HSO)?
A: You have the right to cancel your ride using the “Driver MySejahtera Status” cancellation reason and report this via the Help Centre. After that you can book another ride.
Q: Can I take a Grab ride if I am not registered on MySejahtera?
A: Driver-partners have the right to deny you a ride on any of Grab’s E-hailing services as they would not be able to verify your risk status without MySejahtera.
Q: Will any disciplinary action be taken on my account if I book a ride despite having a Risk Status on MySejahtera that Grab’s new policy does not allow?
A: Your account may be temporarily suspended if you are found to have done this.
Q: Will I be prohibited from doing E-hailing jobs on Grab because of my vaccination status?
A: Currently, there is no regulation preventing unvaccinated e-hailing drivers from driving. However, you are encouraged to take your vaccine as soon as possible to ensure the safety of yourself and those around you.
Q: What should I do if the passenger I have been assigned is either a “High Risk” or “Home Surveillance Order (HSO)” person?
A: You have the right to cancel the ride using the “Passenger MySejahtera Status” cancellation reason. You will only be able to use this at the pick up point and your Cancellation Rate will not be affected.
Q: Can I proceed with E-hailing jobs if I am not registered on MySejahtera?
A: No you cannot, as Grab and the passenger would not be able to verify your risk status without MySejahtera.
Q: Will my Grab driver account be paused if I ferry a passenger that has a “High Risk” or “Home Surveillance Order (HSO)” status on MySejahtera?
A: Your account will not be paused, however we will look at pausing your passenger’s account instead if there is sufficient proof that your passenger had a status on MySejahtera that the latest policy does not allow.
Q: Am I required to ask the passenger for their MySejahtera status?
A: You are recommended to ask your passenger for their MySejahtera status, to ensure the safety of yourself as well as the platform
Q: Will my Grab driver account be paused for not asking the passenger for their MySejahtera status?
A: No, it will not be. However we do recommend that you ask your passenger for their MySejahtera status, to ensure the safety of yourself as well as the platform.
Q: Will my account be paused if I complete a ride on E-hailing while having a “High Risk” or “Home Surveillance Order (HSO) status?
A: Your account may be temporarily paused if you are found to have done this.
1. Campaign period is from 15 January 2022 (12:00am) – 28 February 2022 (11.59pm).
2. GrabPay users are eligible for a “RM8 rebate” in your “My Rewards” when you spend a minimum of RM88 on a single receipt via GrabPay Wallet.
3. The offer of “RM8 rebate” is limited to a total of 62,500 redemptions throughout the campaign period.
4. Offer is valid for TWO (2) in-store redemptions with a cap of ONE(1) redemption per user per day throughout the campaign. Shared across AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, and AEON Wellness throughout the campaign period.
5. The “RM8 rebate” will be awarded instantly with a minimum transaction of RM88 with GrabPay at all outlets of AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, AEON Wellness; The rebate can be found under “My Rewards”. Rebate must be redeemed by clicking “use now” under “My Rewards” 30 days from the date of issuance.
6. The campaign will cease once all redemptions have been fully awarded or at the expiration of the campaign period, whichever is earlier.
7. Offer is based on a first come first served and while stocks last basis only.
8. Grab and AEON Group shall not be under any obligation to inform users, on any communication channels once the offer has been fully redeemed.
9. Offer is only available for AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, and AEON Wellness physical stores purchases at cashier counter only via GrabPay Wallet; offer is not applicable for online or GrabMart purchases.
10. Offer is not exchangeable for cash or replacements.
11. Offer is not valid with any other voucher, discount or promotion.
12. Grab and AEON Group reserve the right to alter, extend or terminate the promotion, or amend the terms and conditions at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the promotion, the decision of Grab and AEON Group shall be final.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with promotion shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.
14. This rebate is non-transferable to any party.