GrabTaxi introduces “Flash” feature that pools taxi and private hire vehicle drivers
- GrabTaxi users can book the nearest available Standard Taxi or GrabCar Economy at a single tap of a button – to get their rides faster
- GrabTaxi also introduces Passenger Hub for users to view and download all receipts in one place; ideal for business users
- More app enhancements announced that demonstrate power of GrabTaxi app platform; to fully maximise the GrabTaxi user experience
Singapore, 30 November 2015 – If you’re in a rush and need a ride as fast as possible, you’ll love the latest GrabTaxi app feature – “Flash”! Bookings made using this feature are broadcast to both taxis and private hire vehicles in your vicinity, allocating you the closest available vehicle. With this feature, passengers can now access the largest land transport network of taxis and private hire vehicle services in Singapore with a press of a single button, helping you get your ride as quickly as possible.
Select the “Flash” button (lightning symbol) to book the nearest available standard taxi or GrabCar Economy
“Flash” works the same way as a usual booking, where passengers enter their pick-up point and destination. However, instead of selecting the type of vehicle and booking either GrabTaxi or GrabCar, passengers who are indifferent to the vehicle type and who just want the nearest available ride can now click the “Flash” button. Passengers will then receive the details of their allocated vehicle, with clear indication of whether it’s a standard taxi or GrabCar Economy.
Additional features to fully maximise the GrabTaxi user experience
In addition to the new “Flash” option, here are additional features that unleash the power of the GrabTaxi app platform. Features users need to know about to enhance your GrabTaxi experience include:
- Passenger Hub – view and download GrabTaxi booking e-receipts on this one-stop online passenger portal.Say goodbye to poring through email archives for email receipts, and keeping track of and straining to read faded taxi receipts. The GrabTaxi Passenger Hub (https://hub.grabtaxi.com/login) provides users with a single portal to view your ride history and download consolidated booking e-receipts.
- Business rides – tag business rides in the GrabTaxi app.An additional feature to tag business rides within the GrabTaxi app is available for coporate accounts. The tagging will sync with Passenger Hub to allow passengers to download separate statements for their personal or business rides for claims submission purposes. To register your company for a corporate account with GrabTaxi, please register your interest at www.bit.ly/grabbusiness.
Easily track your rides and manage your booking e-receipts through one platform, the GrabTaxi Passenger Hub
- Booking enhancements – minimise the details you need to input, making it effortless to book a ride.To book regular journeys again with minimal effort, passengers can save these journeys as favourites, which are easily accessible via the GrabTaxi app menu. Pick-up location and destination, and even your preferred payment mode, are saved and passengers are just one click away from making the booking without needing to enter any details again. The pick-up location and destination can also be swapped at one click for your return journey.Passengers can also book rides with the postal code of the pick-up location and destination. For those who are planning their schedules ahead of time, you can also advance book taxis via the GrabTaxi app.
- GrabPay – opt to pay with your credit cardGo cashless and zip out of your taxi or GrabCar once you’ve arrived at your destination. You only need to input your credit card details once into the GrabTaxi app and you can choose to pay via GrabPay or cash for all trips going forward. For peace of mind, you will receive fare confirmations via the app and an email receipt.
- In-app inbox – get the latest updates on GrabTaxi offers and services.Bargain hunters will be thrilled to know that all notifications – including the latest promo codes for discounted rides – will be saved in an inbox within the app. This ensures no one misses out on the best deals available.
- In-app customer support – submit support requests through the app.Passengers who may have questions or want to provide feedback need only click on the support button to submit your enquiry or feedback. No need to separately hunt for a contact email address or phone number.
- Enhanced safety features – rate drivers with a simple one-tap star rating after every trip to help track driver performance.GrabTaxi has also introduced a slew of measures to strengthen their commitment towards safety and security. It is now mandatory to rate one’s driver once the journey has ended, as GrabTaxi regularly reviews driver ratings and feedback to either counsel and send errant drivers for training, or in serious cases, de-register them from the system. Passengers will also be shown the car model of the GrabCar that they booked, so they know in advance what car to expect and be able to recognise the car from a distance.
How to use “Flash”
- Download or update to the latest version of the GrabTaxi app through Google Play or App Store
- Register your account for free
- Enter your pick-up location and destination in the respective fields
- Instead of selecting either the GrabTaxi or GrabCar fleet icons, select the “Flash” option (lightning symbol)
- The nearest available Standard Taxi or GrabCar Economy driver will be allocated to you so that you can get to your next destination more quickly
The “Flash” feature will be available to all Android and iOS users by the first half of December 2015.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing