Grab Freedom Day Raises Funds to Develop Transport Solutions for Disabled
- Brand's largest region-wide campaign to celebrate rebrand and commitment to make transport freedom a reality
- Management and local celebrities raise funds by being Grab drivers for a day
- Funds to be donated to (these)abilities to conduct labs to co-create and prototype transport solutions for the disabled community
Group CEO and Co-Founder Anthony Tan flagged off Grab’s latest campaign, Grab Freedom Day, today
Singapore, 30 January 2016 — Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing platform, officially flagged off its latest campaign, Grab Freedom Day, today. Over a hundred GrabTaxis and GrabCars provided free rides to passengers today. Customers who booked a Grab ride today received free rides, and the value of the rides will be donated to (these)abilities, a social enterprise that helps to level the playing field for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs). Grab will sponsor a series of labs to co-create and test more accessible transport solutions.
Grab celebrated its new brand identity with its drivers by being on-the-ground with them and give back to the community together. The management team, including Anthony Tan, Group CEO and Co-Founder of Grab and Lim Kell Jay, General Manager of Grab Singapore, and other
Grabbers were drivers for day. Alaric Tay of Mediacorp Channel 5’s popular parody show ‘The Noose’ was also one of the Grab drivers.
“Grab Freedom Day is a meaningful initiative for us. We want to create impactful campaigns that pay homage to the backbone of our business – our drivers and passengers. This also harks back to when we first started the company and every staff had to experience being a driver for a day or two. We want to stay true to our roots even as we mature,” said Anthony Tan, Group CEO and Co-Founder, Grab.
As an additional treat, the passengers in the Grab Freedom cars will receive GrabSwag, bags filled with the brand’s latest premiums. Grab will also go the extra mile to deliver GrabSwag to their top users across Southeast Asia via GrabCars, GrabBikes or GrabExpress.
Labs to Create Everyday Solutions for the Disabled
Grab is committed to improve the lives of communities and work towards providing transport freedom to everyone in Southeast Asia.
The funds raised today will be donated to (these)abilities to conduct a series of eight labs from February to May 2016. The labs will be focused on creating transport solutions for the disabled, and actively involve PwDs in co-creating and testing these solutions. Grab will be working with (these)abilities to design the labs, prototype the solutions and incorporate the best ideas that emerge from the labs
Over a short span of three years, Grab has evolved from a humble taxi-booking app to Southeast Asia’s largest land transport company, with the app downloaded on more than 11 mobile devices and over 200,000 drivers in its network.
- Group CEO and Co-Founder Anthony Tan flags off Grab’s latest campaign Grab Freedom Day today
- Head of GrabTaxi Singapore Jerry Lim pitches in as a Grab driver for a day
- Fleet of Grab Freedom cars lined up before the flag off
- Alaric Tay of Mediacorp Channel 5’s popular parody show ‘The Noose’ as a Grab driver for the campaign
- Group CEO and Co-Founder Anthony Tan, and Alaric Tay
- Group CEO and Co-Founder Anthony Tan speaking at the official Grab Freedom Day flag off
- General Manager of Grab Singapore Lim Kell Jay all ready to go as a Grab driver for Grab Freedom Day in Singapore
- Group CEO and Co-Founder Anthony Tan, and Mediacorp artiste Alaric Tay
The photos can be downloaded at https://app.box.com/s/azztds0omg177sy4dmjj7alzm0o51vgx
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing