Free Personal Accident Insurance for GrabHitch Riders
- Singapore’s first group personal accident insurance for social carpool riders offering coverage including accidental death, permanent disablement, and medical expenses in the event of accidents
- Latest investment supports Singapore’s growing social carpool culture and underlines Grab’s continued commitment to safety
Singapore, 12 June 2017 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing platform, today announced that it will now extend its Group Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) to all GrabHitch riders in Singapore at no cost to them. The PAI for GrabHitch riders is Singapore’s first insurance that not only covers accidental death and permanent disablement but also medical expenses that are incurred in the event of an accident on social carpool rides.
The PAI for GrabHitch riders complements the personal motor insurance purchased individually by GrabHitch drivers. The total personal accident benefits for the rider is up to US$15,000 for accidental death and permanent disablement, or up to an aggregate limit of US$50,000 per accident in Singapore.
“With almost 90 percent of social carpool rides in Singapore going through the GrabHitch platform, we see it as our responsibility to ensure our riders continue to enjoy safe and worry-free travel. Personal car owners who are part of the GrabHitch movement have varying levels of personal motor insurance policies. By providing free group Personal Accident Insurance to riders, we eliminate any uncertainties that they might have about insurance coverage on social carpool rides. We believe that social carpooling is a step towards a green and car-lite future, and are committed to growing Singapore’s carpool culture,” said Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore.
Reasons to GrabHitch
First introduced in 2015, GrabHitch is a rapidly growing carpool service that enables regular car owners to give fellow commuters a lift. Commuters choose GrabHitch for the following reasons:
- Carpool for a greener future: Fully powered by everyday commuters, GrabHitch fares are not-for-profit. GrabHitch drivers go the extra mile because they believe carpooling is central to a green car-lite Singapore.
- Community-building through carpooling: GrabHitch fosters community building and is a fun way for people to get to know those who live, work and play in the same neighbourhoods. Close to 80 per cent of GrabHitch drivers are working professionals who enjoy the social interaction and playing a part in contributing to a green future.
- Perfect for those on a schedule and budget: GrabHitch rides can be scheduled in advance, giving commuters the certainty of a ride when they need one. As GrabHitch fares are not-for-profit, riders contribute a minimal sum as a way of sharing the cost of the journey with the driver. Fares are capped at $17, even if you travel from one end of of the island to the other.
- Covered on every ride: Grab’s PAI for GrabHitch riders provides an additional layer of coverage to complement GrabHitch driver’s personal motor insurance. With this blanket coverage, riders can travel with greater peace of mind whenever they GrabHitch.
 Terms and conditions apply
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
- Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all Grab’s locations with four loyalty tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Member
- Grab passengers automatically earn points by taking GrabBike, GrabCar, GrabShare and GrabTaxi rides in all locations
- Points can be exchanged for free or discounted rides and promotions with Grab’s Reward Partners
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Enables rides to commence more quickly and seamlessly by aiding communications between drivers and passengers Template messages for quick and […]