Grab Boosts Women Leaders in Technology with New CFO Hire
- CFO Hire Strengthens Grab’s Financial Planning and Internal Controls as It Scales and Launches New Services
- Female Leaders Now Comprise Half of Grab’s Management Team
SINGAPORE – May 3, 2016 – Grab, the leading ride-hailing platform in Southeast Asia, has hired Ms. Linda Hoglund as Chief Financial Officer. Based in Singapore, Linda will strengthen Grab’s various finance functions as the company scales and launches new services across Southeast Asia. This underlines Grab’s commitment to hire top talent as it continues to grow its leadership position in the region.
Linda joins a group of strong female leaders in Grab, which now comprises half of Grab’s key leadership team. Other prominent women leaders in Grab includes Tan Hooi Ling, Co-founder of Grab, Cheryl Goh, VP of Marketing, Nina Teng, VP of Public Affairs, Ong Chin Yin, VP of People Ops and Adelene Foo, Regional Head of GrabBike.
“Linda will strengthen various finance functions as Grab continues to grow rapidly and expand into new services, such as GrabFood, GrabExpress and GrabHitch. Her role encompasses financial planning and analytics, financial accounting, internal audit, treasury, as well as corporate finance and development. With nearly 20 years of finance experience in technology and digital sectors, she will work closely with the Grab management team to align Grab’s business and finance strategies for continued market leadership in Southeast Asia,” said Anthony Tan, CEO and Co-founder, Grab.
Prior to joining Grab, Linda has a long background in finance and has held the CFO position in high growth companies as well as global multi-nationals, including Klarna, an international online payments and e-commerce service provider; HOOQ, an online video streaming provider for the Asian market, and Electronic Arts, one of the largest game publishers worldwide. Linda started her career at Goldman Sachs in London. She has deep sector expertise in the Internet and mobile industries, and has led international finance teams to improve monetization and profitability, implement operational projects, strengthen internal controls and oversee M&A activities.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing