Thank Your Driver this Chinese New Year with Grab’s Digital Ang Baos
- Grab funds $88K worth of ang baos to drivers
- Kick off the Year of the Rooster smoothly with Grab’s travel tips
This Chinese New Year, Grab invites passengers to show their appreciation for Grab drivers through heartfelt thank you messages and digital ang baos – all funded by Grab.
In the midst of all our Chinese New Year celebrations, it is often easy to forget to thank the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes to help you celebrate the festivities. Last year, our GrabCar and GrabTaxi drivers clocked a total of 83,120 hours on the road during the first two days of Chinese New Year. However, this also means that they spend time away from their loved ones during the festive period.
This year, as part of our ongoing commitment to driver care, we encourage all passengers to join us in thanking their Grab drivers for taking care of their travel during the festive period. From 26 – 27 January, all passengers are welcome to gift an unlimited number of digital ang baos worth S$8.88 each – fully sponsored by Grab – along with a thank you message to their drivers. The digital ang baos and thank you messages can be sent via the Grab app by following these steps:
1. Book a GrabTaxi or GrabCar ride using the Grab app
2. Key in the promo code “XIEXIE” and a thank you note for your driver
3. Your assigned driver will pick you up and be notified of your red packet and thank you note
4. Your digital red packet of S$8.88 will be credited to your driver– this amount will be paid in full by Grab. Passengers do not need to pay anything more than the trip fare.
Kick off the Year of the Rooster auspiciously with these tips
Using last year’s Chinese New Year transport data, Grab shares three predictions for a smooth-sailing and rewarding journey on the first two days of Chinese New Year:
1. Auspicious time to travel: The luckiest time to travel is between 8 – 9am and at 6pm on both days of Chinese New Year.
2. Auspicious destinations for last-minute Chinese New Year shopping: The most visited places during Chinese New Year are Mustafa Centre, VivoCity, and Nex.
3. Auspicious direction to meet someone new: The odds of meeting a benefactor or growing your network are highest when you GrabShare to Bedok, Tampines and Hougang.
Grab wishes everyone a joyful, prosperous and blessed Chinese New Year!
 The total number of ang baos is capped at 5,500 per day.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
- Southeast Asia’s first regional passenger loyalty programme for ride-hailing beta launched across all Grab’s locations with four loyalty tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Member
- Grab passengers automatically earn points by taking GrabBike, GrabCar, GrabShare and GrabTaxi rides in all locations
- Points can be exchanged for free or discounted rides and promotions with Grab’s Reward Partners
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Enables rides to commence more quickly and seamlessly by aiding communications between drivers and passengers Template messages for quick and […]