Ride Free This Friday with GrabHitch!
Take the front seat this Friday and hitch a ride
Singapore, 21 July 2016 – If you’ve always wanted to hitch a ride, here’s your chance! Available for one day only, GrabHitch passengers will be able to take the front seat and ride for free island-wide this Friday (22nd July), from 12.00am to 11:59pm.
Each passenger is entitled to two free rides and the opportunity to get to know their GrabHitch driver a little better – talk about expanding your social network while on the move.
Offered by regular drivers, GrabHitch is a social ride-sharing service aimed at making the everyday commute more enjoyable, convenient and affordable. GrabHitch fares are kept low as fares go toward covering the drivers’ costs and are not for profit.
To make a GrabHitch ride a better experience, here are some tips from a survey of 700 GrabHitch drivers:
- Let your GrabHitch drivers know if you’re bringing extra passengers, pets, or luggage.
Not doing so will catch your driver off-guard as they would be unable to make necessary arrangements.
- Give your driver a heads up if you’re late.
Close to 40% of drivers have experienced tardy passengers and none of them liked it at all.
- Take the front seat!
40% of GrabHitch drivers would like their passengers to take the front seat – this makes for good conversation and a more sociable experience! After all, one in three GrabHitch drivers drive because it offers them a chance to meet new people and to contribute to a car-lite society. Additionally, more than 40% said that they have grown their social or business network since driving with GrabHitch.
To claim your free rides, simply follow these three simple steps:
- Tap on GrabHitch when making your booking
- Enter the code “HitchFriday”
- Book and ride away!
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing