Mark Your Calendars – GrabDurian is back!
Back by popular demand, GrabDurian is this weekend’s solution to durian scarcity
Singapore, 15 July 2016 – Worried about low durian produce this season? Fret not, GrabDurian is back! Following last year’s successful GrabDurian run, Grab is rewarding its loyal passengers once again by giving them first dibs on the king of fruits at 50 percent discount.
With 1,000 boxes of durian up for grabs at just $15 each (retail price at $30), 15 special GrabDurian vans will be deployed across Singapore on Sunday (17th July) with a mission to satisfy the nation’s durian fix. Each box will contain fleshy goodness from high-grade fruits like Red Prawn and Black Thorn, and those who are lucky may even get a box of Musang King.
Durian-on-demand will be on a first come, first served basis. Users can place their orders between 2pm to 9pm on Sunday via the seasonal GrabDurian icon in the Grab app. Users are limited to one box of durian each and are advised to place their orders early due to limited availability.
To increase their chances of getting a successful durian order, users can follow GrabDurian vans’ whereabouts on Twitter. Grab will update the van’s location in real-time so users can double down on their booking frequency when a GrabDurian van approaches their neighbourhood.
To get their GrabDurian fix, Grab users can follow these three simple steps:
- Tap on the seasonal GrabDurian icon to place their order
- Pay $15 via GrabPay, Grab’s debit/credit payment option
- Wait to be served!
More information is available at www.grab.com/sg/grabdurian/
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing