JustGrab for the Nearest Fixed Fare GrabTaxi or GrabCar
<ul> <li><em>New service brings together GrabTaxi and GrabCar vehicles to give commuters the closest available ride at the most affordable fixed fare</em></li> <li><em>One tap to access Singapore’s largest taxi and private-hire car fleet, shortening waiting time for passengers</em></li> <li><em>New quarterly bonuses and Medisave contributions for GrabTaxi driver-partners</em></li> </ul>
Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company, today announced JustGrab, a new service that brings together fixed fare GrabTaxi and GrabCar vehicles to form the largest supply of on-demand vehicles in Singapore. With increased vehicle supply, passengers can experience the most affordable taxi or private-hire car rides at a common fixed fare, subject to dynamic pricing, and shorter waiting time. The JustGrab service will be beta tested from today and progressively rolled out to Grab’s tiered GrabRewards customers first, before general public availability on 29 March.
With JustGrab, passengers need only tap a button to find the nearest fixed fare taxi and car within their vicinity. The JustGrab fleet comprises all HDT, Premier, Prime, SMRT, Trans-cab and GrabCar driver-partners to offer the following benefits:
- Lower fares with dynamic pricing: Dynamic pricing adjusts to real-time market demand, resulting in cheaper fares at low demand periods. By uniting fixed fare taxis and cars as one, the increased vehicle supply means JustGrab fares will fluctuate less and be more affordable throughout the day.
- Fret over surcharges no more: Traditional taxi surcharges such as midnight and Central Business District (CBD) charges no longer apply to JustGrab fares. Passengers’ trip fares, excluding toll charges added at the end of the journey, are reflected on the booking screen, giving them full knowledge and certainty of their trip fares before making their bookings.
- More travel options at different price points: JustGrab complements Grab’s existing GrabTaxi and GrabCar services to offer commuters another point-to-point on-demand travel option with Grab. Commuters who prefer metered fares can continue to use GrabTaxi, while those who prefer private-hire cars can go for GrabCar.
- JustGrab and get going: Access to the largest network of fixed fare rides means shorter waiting time for passengers. JustGrab finds passengers the nearest available fixed fare taxi or private-hire car ride within the vicinity at affordable, guaranteed fares.
“At Grab, we believe in pooling together resources to solve urban mobility issues. JustGrab combines the strengths of taxis and cars to improve the efficiency and affordability of point-to-point transportation in Singapore. We are positive that JustGrab will help shave waiting time for rides by up to five minutes, and bring us closer to our goal of ensuring commuters get a Grab ride within three minutes every time. Our hope is to encourage more people to use shared transportation over personal cars, and offer our driver-partners additional income opportunities from our growing passenger base,” said Melvin Vu, Head of GrabTaxi Singapore.
Making driving with Grab more sustainable with new driver care initiatives
With a strong commitment to driver care, Grab is enhancing benefits for GrabTaxi driver-partners and introducing additional perks for top-tier GrabTaxi driver-partners under the Platinum Plus and Platinum programme, a rebrand of the Elite and Rangers programme:
GrabTaxi Platinum Plus and Platinum driver-partners will receive quarterly bonuses equivalent to and at half the previous quarter’s incentive payouts, respectively. The bonus comes on top of the incentive that they receive the current quarter, enabling driver-partners to earn more while driving with Grab.
In addition, all GrabTaxi driver-partners will receive a monthly eight percent Medisave contribution from Grab, based on their earned incentives, to help build up their Medisave savings. Grab’s Platinum Plus and Platinum driver-partner enjoy higher Medisave contribution at 15% and 10% respectively.
The quarterly bonuses and monthly Medisave contribution are the latest additions to Grab’s series of driver care initiatives. Grab also constantly recognises Platinum Plus and Platinum drivers for their high-quality service and hard work by rewarding them with special incentives, priority queues at Grab’s Driver Support Centres, and loyalty programmes such as subsidised holiday trips with fellow driver-partners and their families.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing