GrabTaxi celebrates GrabTaxi’s second anniversary with Singapore’s local heroes, the taxi drivers
- GrabFest carnival held in appreciation of taxi drivers for their support of GrabTaxi Singapore over the past two years
- Over 3,500 taxi drivers attended GrabFest
- GrabFest showcased close knit GrabTaxi driver community, with 85 taxi drivers volunteering to serve
Taxi drivers playing GRAB-4D at the GrabFest Carnival at the GrabTaxi office
SINGAPORE, 7 November 2015 – GrabTaxi, Southeast Asia’s largest land transport brand, celebrated their second anniversary in Singapore today with the GrabFest carnival. Held at the GrabTaxi office at Midview City, GrabFest was a full day event from 9am to 5pm organized in appreciation of GrabTaxi drivers, who are the backbone of the GrabTaxi service and of Singapore’s transport industry.
More than 3,500 taxi drivers turned up at GrabFest in support of GrabTaxi, which has helped to increase their incomes by providing more customer bookings.
GrabFest showcased the close-knit GrabTaxi driver community, with over 85 taxi drivers volunteering their time to facilitate games and usher their fellow taxi drivers.
Jerry Lim, Head of GrabTaxi Singapore, said, “Singapore’s taxi drivers are our partners in providing fast and safe rides to passengers. They are hardworking and dedicated to providing an invaluable service to passengers, and GrabFest is our small gesture of appreciation to them. We launched GrabTaxi in an effort to improve the transport industry and provide more jobs for taxi drivers. In the past two years, we’ve built the largest taxi network in Singapore and we will continue to work hard to build a better service for passengers and drivers.”
Taxi drivers were treated to a full day of fun games and attractive giveaways during the eight-hour festival.
Crowds of taxi drivers enjoying the festivities at GrabFest
A queue of Singapore’s taxi drivers waiting to take part in the carnival games
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing