GrabTaxi and Top Gear bring electrifying rides to Singapore
Singapore GrabTaxi users to get free rides in BMW’s latest electric cars
Singapore, 4 September 2015 – For those who have dreamed of being chauffeured around the city in a luxury sports car without a degree of green guilt, dream no longer. Together with Top Gear Singapore, GrabTaxi Singapore will be offering GrabTaxi and GrabCar passengers luxurious and eco-friendly rides through the first-ever GrabJoyRide campaign.
GrabTaxi together with Top Gear Singapore will offer BMW i8 and i3 cars rides to both GrabTaxi and GrabCar users from 5 to 14 September. All rides in the hybrid electric vehicles are completely free. Users simply need to select the ‘JoyRide’ fleet on the GrabTaxi app available from 5 to 10 September, or through the GrabCar Economy fleet on 11 to 14 September.
Besides offering the most affordable chauffeured ride in Singapore through its GrabCar Economy fleet, the GrabJoyRide campaign is an initiative by GrabTaxi to show its support towards the green revolution and reward loyal GrabTaxi users with a new and exciting commuting experience at the same time.
Here’s how you could get a chance to get a free ride to anywhere in Singapore in either a BMW i8 or i3:
When: 5 to 10 September via ‘JoyRide’ fleet option
11 to 14 September via GrabCar Economy fleet option
Where: Anywhere within mainland Singapore and Sentosa
How to book:
- Download GrabTaxi through Google Play, App Store and Blackberry World
- Register your account for free
- Select the ‘JoyRide’ option and put in your pick-up and destination in the respective fields
- A couple of tries to book an available BMW electric vehicle may be required as demand will be high and availability is limited
The more GrabTaxi and GrabCar rides users have completed, the higher the chances they will get to ride in BMW electric cars. Users who successfully ride in BMW electric vehicles are encouraged to take pictures of themselves with the cars, #GrabJoyRide and share them on their social media platforms to let us know if you would like to continue to bring you more exciting initiatives like this.
To find out more about GrabCar, please visit http://grabtaxi.com/grabcar/
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing