Grab Introduces New Features to Improve Drivers’ Experience
- Launches ‘Better 365’, a new campaign to improve drivers’ experience in four ways: better support, increased earnings, better tools and a stronger community
- Rolls out a series of app upgrades including trip rating and in-app training
- More features to follow in 2018 as part of Grab’s ongoing commitment to driver-partners
Singapore, 6 December 2017 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform, today announced ‘Better 365’, a campaign to promote the welfare of its driver-partners. Starting today, Grab driver-partners will start seeing significant app improvements on four fronts: better support, increased earnings, better tools and a stronger community. Better 365 will be unveiled this evening to more than 200 top GrabTaxi and GrabCar driver-partners and their families, at Grab’s first and largest drive-in cinema event in Singapore.
More than 2 million driver-partners across Southeast Asia rely on Grab as a source of income. According to a survey published in June 2017, Grab’s driver-partners earn 32% more income on a per-hour basis compared with average worker wages across all of Grab’s markets. Beyond earnings, Grab’s driver-partners in Singapore are entitled to exclusive fuel discounts to keep costs low, free Personal Accident Insurance plan for greater peace of mind, and MediSave contributions to save up for future medical needs.
With Better 365, Grab is boosting its support for driver-partners through the following enhancements, which will be rolled out in phases:
- Real-time feedback on drivers’ trip experience: Grab driver-partners can now share feedback on their overall trip experience through the new ‘Driver Rates Trip’ feature. The feature allows drivers to rate their trip “positive” or “negative” and then select multiple reasons for their ratings, including location/route, payments and passenger, with additional drop-down reasons to choose from. Importantly, trip ratings provide Grab with qualitative and quantitative data to identify and address key concerns and shape new feature designs to improve their driving experience.
- In-app help centre and ‘Kerbside Hotline’ for drivers: Grab has added a new set of in-app self-service tools to help driver-partners manage their account and find answers to their most frequent questions. In the event of an emergency, driver-partners can also dial the newly implemented Kerbside Hotline to receive instant support and guidance from Grab employees.
- Making every trip count with My Destination: Grab driver-partners come from all walks of life, and each have their own commitments outside of driving. My Destination lets driver-partners set up to two preferred destinations per day, and be matched to riders whose journeys are on the way to their preferred destinations. That way, driver-partners can continue earning as they drive to where they need to be, maximising their on-road hours.
- Continual learning with GrabAcademy: Whenever a refresher is needed, driver-partners can simply access in-app training videos and quizzes on how to ensure a safe and rewarding driving experience. Driver-partners earn points for each completed quiz, which can be redeemed for special rewards.
- Simplified driver incentives and earnings tracker: The Grab Driver app now features incentive progress bars, which makes it easier for driver-partners to track their progress towards their incentive targets. Driver-partners can also view daily and weekly income statements within the app, giving them greater transparency and control over their earnings.
Driver Rates Trip feature
Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore, said, “Driver-partners are our everyday transport heroes. They are in the heart of our mission to provide safe, efficient and affordable transportation to more than 4 million Grab users in Singapore. We see it as our responsibility to provide them with the right tools to make their jobs easier and more rewarding. We are committed to building the most partner-friendly app platform through Better 365, and look forward to introducing more updates and features for our driver-partners.”
Grab serves more than 3.5 million consumers every day and is the No. 1 on-demand transportation platform in Southeast Asia. According to TNS, a global market research firm, in Singapore, more than half (53%) of consumers surveyed use Grab’s services most often, compared to other ride-hailing and taxi-booking applications. Grab operates in 155 cities and seven countries, including Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Myanmar.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing