Grab Adds New ‘Better 365’ Features to Provide Greater Support for Driver-partners
- Second phase of the campaign includes a series of upgrades such as GrabAcademy, GrabBenefits, and new tech features
- Partners with Chubb, Shell, Caltex and more to ensure driver-partners have the best experience on the Grab platform
Singapore, 17 April 2018 – Grab today announced additional features to its ‘Better 365’ campaign for its driver-partners in Singapore. The campaign, first introduced last December, saw significant app improvements on four fronts: greater support, increased earnings, better tools and a stronger community.
The second phase of ‘Better 365’, which continues to build on these four areas to offer a better overall experience for all Grab driver-partners, includes:
1. Learning and education support with GrabAcademy: Grab is committed to providing a holistic platform which can help facilitate continual education of driver-partners and their family members. As such, Grab will be awarding ten S$10,000 Grab University Scholarships for local universities and up to 500 S$350 Education Bursaries each year. These are opened to GrabTaxi and GrabCar driver-partners who have immediate family members with excellent academic results and outstanding co-curricular activities. Application deadlines for this cycle of scholarships and bursaries are 30 April and 14 May respectively.
2. GrabBenefits allows driver-partners to enjoy exclusive deals via the Grab Driver app, including:
- Birthday gift: GrabCar driver-partners can redeem a free meal and/or gift of up to $50 during their birthday month.
- Fuel discounts: GrabCar driver-partners can save up to 25.2% on fuel with the Shell Value Drive Card. GrabTaxi driver-partners on the other hand, can save up to 24% on fuel at Caltex, with the Grab Cabbie Card.
- Additional Insurance coverage: In line with the trend of the Tripartite Workgroup’s latest recommendations on loss of income insurance solutions for self-employed persons, Grab is introducing Grab Partner Guard, a personal accident plan underwritten by Chubb Insurance Singapore Limited (Chubb). Among other benefits, Grab Partner Guard offers GrabCar and GrabTaxi driver-partners up to S$300 daily income in the event of hospitalization as a result of an accident. Grab Partner Guard is an optional insurance on top of the existing complimentary personal accident insurance, and driver-partners are protected in the event of accidents even when they are not on Grab jobs. Driver-partners can enjoy full local and overseas coverage from as low as S$12/month.
Accessing GrabBenefits through the Grab Driver app
3. Tech updates for driver-partners to have a more seamless experience:
- Instant Cash Out: All GrabCar and GrabTaxi driver-partners who have accounts with any major banks in Singapore can instantly transfer fares collected via GrabPay into their bank accounts, and withdraw their earnings at any of the bank’s ATMs, without having to wait for the standard processing time of at least one working day.
- Passenger No Show: Grab started the beta trial for a new feature, to better support driver-partners when passengers do not show up at the pickup location. If the passenger does not turn up after five minutes upon the driver’s arrival, the driver can cancel the ride without affecting their cancellation rate. For GrabShare bookings, drivers can cancel the ride after three minutes without affecting their cancellation rate.
‘Passenger No Show’ feature
- Auto Accept: Grab driver-partners can choose to automatically accept all jobs that are assigned to them when they turn on this new feature. With this added convenience, driver-partners can concentrate on the road without the worry of missing jobs.
‘Auto Accept’ feature
4. Helping driver-partners earn more through advertisements: GrabCar driver-partners have been able to earn more through on-car wrap, in-car hanger and/or digital display advertisements. Since the inception of GrabCar advertisements in March 2017, driver-partners who participated in the programme have earned more than S$300,000 collectively. Grab is expanding its advertising platform significantly so that more driver-partners will be able to earn more passive income, on top of the fares they collect through Grab rides.
“At Grab, we prioritise our driver-partners’ welfare and are constantly looking to offer them greater support. The latest additions to Better 365 were based on our interactions we had with driver-partners through our regular GrabSupper and Grab-A-Drink sessions. Thanks to the ‘Driver Rates Trip’ feature we rolled out in December, we were also able to collect qualitative and quantitative data on their day-to-day challenges. We encourage driver-partners to continue submitting their feedback and suggestions, so that we can continue to build the most partner-friendly app platform for them,” said Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore.
“It’s good to see that Grab is looking at ways to improve drivers’ experience — both on and off the road. Since the launch of Better 365 last year, I have already benefited from multiple features such as My Destination and Driver Rates Trip. Grab has showed a willingness to listen to our concerns and feedback, while continually making changes that matter to us. I am excited to make full use of GrabAcademy, GrabBenefits and other new features in the driver app,” said Jimmy Gan, 62, who has been a Grab driver-partner since 2013.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing