HEINEKEN and Grab announce strategic collaboration in Southeast Asia
Customers can now ‘Grab’ their favourite beverages from HEINEKEN, thanks to a first-of-its-kind partnership between a leading super app and iconic FMCG company
Singapore, September 17, 2019 — Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading super app, today announced a collaboration with HEINEKEN, which will enable the world’s most international brewer to plug into Grab’s platform of services to grow its digital business and extend its reach and convenience to customers and consumers in the region.
The first-of-its-kind partnership will enable HEINEKEN to tap on Grab’s mobility, food, delivery and payment services across its platform to better meet its last-mile logistics needs, boost its offerings to customers and distributors, and drive demand for HEINEKEN beers and ciders in Southeast Asia. HEINEKEN will also be able to boost its sales and distribution channels.
The latest HEINEKEN-Grab partnership validates how Grab, which is already Southeast Asia’s everyday superapp for consumers, has extended its all-in-one platform offering to merchants and brand partners so that they too, get a frictionless experience. These merchants can gain seamless access to Grab’s wide user base, customer insights, payment and on-demand courier services, backed by its transport network and technology infrastructure, and integrate them into their operations to grow their business.
Grab’s Chief Executive Officer Anthony Tan said: “We are excited to be the preferred strategic partner for HEINEKEN, to raise the bar with first-to-market innovations aimed at delighting consumers, while redefining the customer journey via tech. This partnership is truly a differentiator in Southeast Asia, by uniting HEINEKEN products with Grab’s multiple touchpoints onto one single platform. We believe this will empower merchants to unlock even more opportunities to outserve customers, allowing both HEINEKEN and Grab to win the hearts and minds of even more customers in the region.”
Dolf van den Brink, President, HEINEKEN APAC, added: “We are excited to introduce a new level of customer and consumer convenience by partnering with Grab. This initiative, which is very much aligned with our company’s digital transformation, opens a whole world of opportunities for us – from introducing innovative ways of launching new products to giving consumers new channels to buy our products.”
Under the partnership, both companies will be able to, among other things:
- Provide a hassle-free experience for customers, of legal drinking age, to have cold beer delivered to their doorsteps, anytime, anywhere;
- Broaden the distribution of HEINEKEN beers and ciders through GrabFood;Enable customers to sample new HEINEKEN beers and ciders through promotional campaigns;
- Use GrabPay as preferred mobile payment method for HEINEKEN events;
- Launch HEINEKEN Online Specialty Store on the Grab App;
- Implement Grab For Business solutions to HEINEKEN employees in Southeast Asia to enhance workplace efficiency and productivity;
- Grab to become the preferred transport provider for HEINEKEN employees across Southeast Asia;
- Enable HEINEKEN to use anonymised data and insights to identify popular locations from which most orders come from and ascertain the best sellers.
The collaboration kicks off in Singapore and Vietnam from the end of this month (September). This will be followed by additional offerings in the Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing