Grab Partners Premier Taxis to On Board 3000 Drivers in Singapore and Scale Up Efficiently
- Grab reinforces commitment to taxi drivers by continuing its collaboration with local taxi operators
- Passengers to enjoy cheaper booking fees and greater convenience of getting a ride through the Grab mobile app
- Partnership brings Grab’s already largest land fleet of drivers to 40,000 strong
Singapore, 3 October 2016 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company, and Premier Taxis, today announced a partnership to bring all Silvercab drivers onto the Grab platform. This is Grab’s second partnership with a local taxi operator in two months, and is part of the company’s ongoing efforts to better serve its drivers and make transportation accessible for all passengers.
Beginning today, Grab’s passengers can look forward to cheaper booking fees for a Silvercab taxi by using the Grab app to book a ride. Passengers will only need to pay a booking fee of S$3.30 instead of S$4.50 during peak hours, and S$2.30 instead of S$2.50 during non-peak hours.
Silvercab drivers will benefit from more ride bookings as they gain immediate access to Grab’s passenger base and technology which enables the efficient matching of passengers and drivers. With this additional pool of Silvercab drivers utilizing the Grab mobile app exclusively to serve on-demand passenger bookings, Grab steadily widens its reach with more than 40,000 drivers across its network in Singapore.
“As we expand our fleet of taxis over the years to serve the commuting public, we embrace innovative technologies to improve the experience for our passengers and drivers,” said Lim Chong Boo, Managing Director of Premier Taxis. “Through this partnership with Grab, we hope to give our drivers more ride bookings and increase their income. Passengers will benefit through having access to a bigger pool of taxis with the click of a button. We believe that with Grab’s trusted brand and innovative technologies, both our drivers and passengers stand to gain.”
Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore, said, “At Grab, we stay committed to making transportation accessible to all and improving the quality of life for our drivers. We believe that continuing to work together with fleet partners like Premier Taxis and supporting the local taxi community will drive us to progress in that direction and strengthen our leadership position that we have today.”
Grab’s data-driven approach has resulted in an increase in allocation rate – or matching of drivers to passengers – by 25 percent. This improvement in supply and demand matching has enabled drivers to be more efficient on the road and passengers to get the fastest bookings.
As part of the onboarding process, new Silvercab drivers will undergo training to help familiarise them with the Grab app, learn about Grab’s safety guidelines and expected code of conduct. To further its ongoing efforts of reducing operating costs for drivers, Grab will provide drivers with subsidised smartphones that are compatible with the Grab app.
Grab currently has the largest land transport network in Singapore and the widest range of transportation services including GrabTaxi, GrabCar and GrabHitch. The partnership comes as part of Grab’s continued commitment to serving its GrabTaxi drivers, following its first collaboration with taxi operator Trans-cab in September 2016.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing