Grab Partners CapitaLand for Rewards and Payments
- GrabRewards points can be converted into STAR$® and exchanged for CapitaVouchers
- Users will be able to use GrabPay at participating merchants in CapitaLand malls
Singapore, 14 January 2018 — Grab, the leading Online-to-Offline (O2O) mobile platform in Southeast Asia, partners CapitaLand to bring a more seamless retail experience to customers and create greater value in their everyday shopping. The one-year tie up will enable both Grab and CapitaLand to capitalise on synergies between the two loyalty programs – GrabRewards¹ and CapitaStar².
Starting today, Grab users in Singapore can convert GrabRewards points into STAR$®. This gives users access to perks such as CapitaVouchers, on top of existing benefits from GrabRewards merchants such as LiHo, Starbucks, Burger King and more.
Merchants who are onboard the CapitaStar programme will also benefit from Grab’s extensive user base, many of whom access the Grab platform daily for various services. CapitaStar members will also be able to enjoy exclusive Grab perks such as Grab promo codes.
Grab will also work with CapitaLand to introduce GrabPay’s cashless solutions to merchants.
Gary Wong, Head of GrabPay Singapore said, “We are excited to work with CapitaLand to drive the adoption of cashless payments across Singapore, and bring greater value to our users through GrabRewards. Creating a seamless experience in our customers’ everyday experiences including transactions, is a core step for Grab in achieving our vision of becoming an everyday super app. We look forward to having CapitaLand merchants join over 7,000 merchants in Singapore who accept GrabPay. ”
Earlier last month, Grab announced a partnership with AsiaMalls, which establishes GrabPay as the preferred payment service provider across AsiaMalls’ network of six heartland shopping malls island wide beginning January 2019. The partnership with CapitaLand further entrenches GrabRewards as a loyalty programme that rewards users for their everyday transactions, and allows GrabPay to continue being one of the largest mobile payment provider in Singapore.
¹ GrabRewards is the largest loyalty programme in Southeast Asia that rewards users for everyday transactions. Users can earn GrabRewards across all Grab services, including transport, delivery and mobile payments.
² CapitaStar is Singapore’s largest multi-store, multi-mall rewards programme that rewards shoppers with STAR$® when they make purchases at participating outlets across CapitaLand malls. STAR$® are tracked automatically when receipts are scanned or uploaded through touch points.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing