Grab Launches GrabAds Online-to-Offline Advertising Platform for Brands
Singapore, 21 August 2018 – Grab today announced the launch of GrabAds, the company’s advertising business unit to provide brands with an online-to-offline (O2O) platform to engage with millions of Southeast Asian consumers. GrabAds is the only full-fledged advertising platform that marries an extensive on-ground fleet of vehicles with rich digital presence across eight countries and more than 200 cities in Southeast Asia.
GrabAds provides additional revenue streams for driver-partners and delivery-partners who have full flexibility in choosing their preferred advertising option to best complement their driving income. On average, driver- and delivery-partners across the region who participated in past ad campaigns earned up to 10 percent in additional income after joining GrabAds. GrabAds’ offerings, for example in-car advertising or in-app customer engagement, are modular and
customisable for each market.
With GrabAds, consumers will have new ways to discover, engage and receive deals from quality brands. GrabAds will use its big data capabilities, local market insights and O2O presence to create meaningful customer engagement for brands that lets them segment their audience and cut through the noise. For consumers, this means a selective, personalised experience that brings them closer to services and businesses that may interest them.
GrabAds has signed partnerships with numerous market-leading advertising management companies across the region. In Singapore, GrabAds will work with Carblicity, IRIS, Display Science and MMI Media Group to help global and Singaporean brands execute impactful and engaging marketing campaigns across the country. Grab has also recently signed an MOU with Mediacorp to co-create tailor-made content for in-transit viewing on Grab’s in-car tablets so that Grab passengers can enjoy high-quality content – such as short-form dramas, sitcoms, variety shows and headline news – while enroute to their destinations. These partnerships draw upon partners’ industry expertise to deliver maximum results and seamless campaign management for brands and driver-partners.
“As our online and offline worlds become one, brands are now more focused than ever in designing and delivering seamless integrated experiences for their customers across multiple channels. GrabAds helps brands tap into our extensive vehicle fleet and increasing digital footprint to reach a wider audience base in Southeast Asia. From generating mass awareness to creating bespoke experiences, we invite brands and media partners to work with us on personalising ads, content and experiences that are interesting, engaging and enriching for customers,” said Nasheet Islam, Head of GrabAds, Grab.
“GrabAds is a great way for our driver- and delivery-partners to increase their incomes. Together with our campaign partners, we are committed to helping driver- and delivery-partners achieve additional and consistent monthly income from GrabAds, while helping brands achieve maximum exposure and engagement with their customers,” added Islam.
GrabAds allows brands to distribute appealing content and create memorable in-car and digital experiences for consumers. Brands will be able to run integrated campaigns through the GrabAds platform that will allow them to achieve their branding and marketing goals by targeting the right audience segment. GrabAds’ offerings are modular, with a list of solutions under three broad categories:
● Mobile billboards: Journeying more than 100 million kilometres per week and seen by more than 10 million people per minute across Southeast Asia, brands can turn Grab’s fleet of cars, buses and bikes into their own roving billboards to generate mass offline awareness.
In Indonesia, ads on GrabBike generate the highest brand recall among all out-of-home advertisements. Using a fleet of 1,000 GrabBikes, Shopee achieved 85 percent in brand awareness within 90 days. In Singapore, bus wraps are especially suitable for location-specific campaigns as they run on pre-scheduled, high-traffic routes.
● In-car engagement: From in-car branding and digital display to in-car sampling and in-car retail, brands can creatively turn car interiors into their canvas. They can showcase engaging short-form content on Grab’s in-car tablets and transform cars into mini mobile pop-up stores for customers to learn, test and purchase new products while in commute.
Driver-partners in Singapore who offer in-car retail services receive additional commission for every in-car purchase and free sample redemption.
● In-app engagement: Build and customise interactive widgets – games, quizzes, content, etc. – in Grab’s everyday app that has been downloaded onto more than 100 million smartphones in Southeast Asia. Brands can go a step further to delight customers with exclusive promo codes for Grab rides along with a little surprise message.
Unveiled last month, Grab’s new app experience features a news feed that provides information relevant to exactly when consumers need it. Featuring news, reviews and entertainment, brands can co-create contextualised content with Grab for specific occasions and serve them to customers while they are on the go.
GrabAds clients include Pepsi, Dove, Shopee, Tokopedia, Bukalapak, among others. GrabAds is part of Grab’s open platform strategy to enable partners and brands to expand more efficiently across Southeast Asia by leveraging Grab’s user base and offline distribution channels. For more information about GrabAds, visit: https://www.grab.com/sg/business/ads/
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing