Grab Launches Free Transport Expense Management Solution for Southeast Asian Businesses
- Grab offers new corporate solution, Grab for Work
- Grab for Work enables HR and finance professionals to manage business transport expenses efficiently, enjoy payment flexibility and set rides policies
- Full integration with Concur to reduce time on claims reimbursement
Singapore, 1 June 2016 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company, today launched a new corporate solution, Grab for Work, a transport expense management solution designed for business users across Southeast Asia. Available free of charge, Grab for Work offers business leaders, line managers, human resource (HR) and finance professionals across small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and multinational corporations (MNCs) a more productive way to manage their organisation’s transport spending. Grab for Work was beta tested and developed with inputs from more than 150 companies across the region.
“Companies should focus resources on business growth and serving their customers. We see an opportunity to provide an end-to-end transport solution for companies – to help them modernise and streamline their transport expense management processes through our technology platform. From rides to receipts to reimbursements, Grab for Work offers a seamless user experience and enables HR and finance departments to save time on managing day-to-day corporate transport expenses,” said Anthony Tan, CEO and Co-Founder, Grab.
Companies can manage business transport expenses efficiently
Rides booked with Grab can be tagged as business rides and assigned to corporate groups within the Grab app. All rides would be synced to the Grab for Work web portal, which is a single tool for businesses to organise and oversee employees’ travel. Features include:
- Track and manage travel expenses by cost-centres, departments and project teams: Use the groups feature to sort ride statements, and enjoy the flexibility of assigning different payment modes by groups or individuals. Keep track of specific group travel by scheduling automated weekly or monthly reports to be sent to your work email.
- Set preferred corporate payment options: Provide flexible payment options to employees, including automatic charging to corporate credit cards or allowing the use of e-vouchers, personal credit cards or cash.
- Set and easily enforce ride policies: Company executives can manage travel expenditure by setting ride policies to regulate when and where employees are allowed to claim for business travel, based on set locations, times and days. For example, policies can be set to cater for business meetings or late night rides.
- Save time by reducing paperwork: Rides booked through the Grab app will be automatically consolidated in the Grab for Work portal in real-time, complete with ride information including the employee name, travel date and time, pickup and drop-off location, fleet type and selected payment mode. This makes approval administration a breeze and removes the usual pain points of manual processes, such as scanning hardcopy receipts and penning down trip details.
Employees can access ride history online for easy claims
The Grab for Work portal is also available for free to all Grab users, enabling them to:
- Separate business and personal rides effortlessly: Tag rides as business or personal using the Grab app. All rides booked through the Grab app are automatically updated and categorised in the Grab for Work portal.
- Consolidate all receipts for easy reimbursement: Employees can download e-receipts of all completed rides using the Grab for Work portal. The search function makes it easy for business users to download a history of past business rides whenever needed.
Currently used by more than 150 companies across Southeast Asia, including Chope Group (Singapore), Park Hotel Group (Singapore), Rainmaker Labs (Singapore), Yesboss (Indonesia) and Malaysian Airlines (Malaysia), Grab for Work is transforming corporate transport expense management for both SMEs and MNCs.
“We are delighted to partner with Grab on their newest initiative. By leveraging technology, Grab for Work effectively answers the need for greater efficiency in administrative processes, especially in complex operating environments such as the hospitality industry. With this innovative solution, we expect meaningful time savings for our associates, which would translate to higher productivity levels and allow more effective deployment of our human capital,” says Ms Elaine Toh, Group Human Resource Director of Park Hotel Group.
Figure 1: A seamless user experience for employees
Integration with Concur for faster expense reimbursement
Grab for Work is fully integrated with Concur, an expense management platform. Concur users who travel with Grab can look forward to faster expense reimbursement; their Grab e-receipts will be automatically synced to Concur, removing the need to scan and upload receipts.
“Connecting effortlessly with leading transportation apps makes it easy for our clients. The partnership with Grab is important to our Southeast Asia market and we’re thrilled to welcome them as a Concur App Center partner,” said Madanjit Singh, Managing Director, South East Asia at Concur.
Grab for Work is now available to corporate customers in the six countries that Grab operates in, including Singapore, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. In Indonesia, companies can opt for the monthly direct billing option, where companies issue company codes to employees, and are invoiced monthly for business rides. Companies can get more information and sign up at www.grab.com/work.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing