Grab Expands Vehicle Service Options with GrabAssist, GrabCar Plus and GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3)
- Introduces GrabAssist to provide additional assistance to persons with disability and seniors with mobility challenges
- Unveils upcoming services including a premium economy transport option, GrabCar Plus, and a toddler-friendly service, GrabFamily (Ages 1 - 3)
- More transport options to serve different segments of community and more income sources for drivers
Singapore, 7 May 2018 – Grab today announced an expansion of its vehicle service suite with three new services: GrabAssist, GrabCar Plus and GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3). The announcements are part of Grab’s commitment to provide commuters with a wide range of multi-modal options of varying capacities and prices — from bicycles and shuttle buses to cars and taxis. The expanded number of services also gives driver-partners more options to earn an income through Grab.
Available today, GrabAssist is an inclusive service to empower people with mobility needs to get from point A to point B more comfortably. GrabAssist vehicles accommodate foldable wheelchairs, walkers and collapsible scooters. The fleet is served by around 1,000 private-hire car and taxi driver-partners from partnering fleets, who have been trained by the Agency for Integrated Care to provide assistance to passengers with mobility challenges. This includes theoretical and practical training in areas such as safety in transferring passengers in and out of cars, dementia awareness, as well as hygiene and emergency preparedness. GrabAssist is priced marginally higher than JustGrab, with a lower commission rate of 10 per cent to reimburse drivers for their time spent on training and supporting passengers.
Booking a GrabAssist ride on the updated iOS home screen
A five-star experience with GrabCar Plus
Grab riders can also look forward to a new premium economy service, GrabCar Plus, that will be rolled out by the end of the month. GrabCar Plus will offer better and newer cars that are slightly more spacious and generally less than 3 years old, with basic in-car amenities including mobile phone chargers, air-freshener and tissue boxes. Riders can also expect highly rated drivers who have more than 98% positive feedback. GrabCar Plus will be priced between JustGrab and GrabCar Premium services.
Serving little ones with GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3)
By end June, families with toddlers aged one to three can expect a new service, GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3). Each GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3) car will come equipped with an IMMI Go car seat, operated by drivers who have been fully trained on proper installation and use of the seat throughout the journey. All former Uber Car Seat drivers are invited to sign up for GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3) for additional income opportunities. The service will be priced similarly to Uber Car Seat.
Grab understands that safety is paramount for parents when it comes to commuting with young children. GrabFamily (Ages 1 – 3) will complement GrabFamily (Ages 4 – 7), another family-friendly option that offers a mifold child booster seat for children aged four to seven.
Lim Kell Jay, Head of Grab Singapore said: “We hear the needs of our community and continue to evolve to serve them better. The new services will make shared transport more accessible for different segments of community. We want to help eliminate the need for vehicle ownership, provide more income opportunities for driver-partners, and serve the community across multiple aspects of their daily lives – commute, eat, food delivery and pay.”
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing