Grab and CapitaLand’s Exclusive Partnership Merges Online-and-Offline to Offer ‘Live, Work, Play’ Mobility
- Exclusive partnership to enable online and offline convergence between CapitaLand’s integrated developments, shopping malls, serviced residences, offices and homes; and Grab’s leading technology platform
- Initiative expected to reach millions of customers
- Grab services to be integrated into CapitaLand’s network, providing exclusive privileges and rewards to customers
Singapore, 21 October 2016 – Grab, Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company, and CapitaLand Limited, one of Asia’s largest real estate developers, today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to foster online and offline (O&O) collaboration between real estate and mobile technologies. The partnership is part of the companies’ shared vision to design consumer-friendly services for future cities and is the most extensive collaboration between the two industry leaders to date, with the initiative expected to impact millions of customers.
Grab will serve as CapitaLand’s Strategic Mobility Partner for CapitaLand customers who live, work and play in its properties. These customers will get access to Grab’s full suite of solutions, including transport services, concierge bookings and corporate transport expense management.
The partnership will see Grab services and technologies integrated with CapitaLand’s network of integrated developments, shopping malls, serviced residences, offices and homes in Singapore. Whether it’s a journey from home to work or a trip from a serviced residence to a shopping mall, shoppers, guests, tenants and residents in CapitaLand properties taking Grab rides to or from one of its properties in Singapore will get to enjoy perks ranging from special discounts to STAR$® rewards in CapitaLand’s CapitaStar loyalty programme, and priority bookings, in phases from 1 November 2016 onwards. This partnership further extends Grab’s reach and leverages Grab’s technology to enhance daily life for CapitaLand customers.
Mr Lim Ming Yan, President & Group CEO, CapitaLand, said: “CapitaLand’s partnership with Grab shows how the lines are blurring between what is online and offline. Our properties are social spaces where people and communities flourish and connect; and mobility solutions such as Grab are very much the venous systems that connect people with one another, and to the built environment. There is great synergy in this O&O integration. CapitaLand’s physical buildings have helped to incubate many successful Singapore companies and brands over the years. Moving forward, we look to partner more new-economy companies, to help bridge their services to our network of customers.”
Commenting on the partnership, Mr Anthony Tan, Group CEO and Co-Founder of Grab, said: “We are excited to partner with a progressive real-estate developer like CapitaLand and extend our mobile technologies to CapitaLand’s significant numbers of shoppers, residents and tenants. Singapore consumers’ readiness to embrace technologies, as well as the country’s robust network infrastructure, have enabled new areas of digital collaboration between online and offline players. This partnership represents our shared commitment to building innovative services for the cities of tomorrow, and is a step forward in the evolution of Southeast Asia’s mobile ecosystem.”
The key initiatives that are expected to be launched this year include:
- A single, streamlined app experience to browse, ride and earn rewards. Beginning November 1, shoppers can book Grab rides directly from the CapitaStar app and enjoy the seamless experience of browsing mall directories, making restaurant reservations and booking Grab rides directly to CapitaLand malls. The CapitaStar app has an artificial intelligence powered chatbot, Sparkle, that enables shoppers to book a Grab ride without needing to manually input location details into the Grab app.
- Rewards flexibility for CapitaLand shoppers. In addition to earning STAR$®,for shopping in CapitaLand malls under CapitaStar, members can also earn STAR$®, for Grab rides both to and from CapitaLand malls. Besides redeeming these STAR$ for free spending in CapitaLand malls, they can now also be converted into discounted Grab ride credits. CapitaLand and Grab are also working together to facilitate mobile payments via GrabPay, Grab’s in-app cashless payment solution.
- Concierge services and designated Grab pick-up and drop-off points at CapitaLand locations. Concierges at CapitaLand’s commercial buildings and serviced residences will be equipped with Grab’s enterprise terminals, which will allow the concierges to make multiple Grab bookings. Office workers and residents can use this to book Grab rides even if they do not have access to data or Wi-Fi. Designated pick-up and drop-off areas for Grab drivers at CapitaLand properties will ensure that users know exactly where to meet their ride.
- Increased efficiency for commuters and business owners through Grab for Work. CapitaLand office tenants are eligible to implement Grab for Work and offer their employees credits for work-related travel. All rides taken by employees from participating corporations will be synchronised to Grab for Work, a paperless corporate transport expense management solution which provides a more efficient way for organisations to manage their transport spending. Administrators can track corporate transport spend digitally and set ride policies, while employees can easily separate personal and business rides and charge business rides to corporate accounts.
Grab and CapitaLand plan to enable more online-and-offline services over the next year. Shoppers, residents and tenants can expect new and innovative digital services to be introduced across CapitaLand locations in Singapore.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Announces Didi Chuxing and SoftBank As Lead Investors for Current Round of Financing
- Strategic investment of a combined US$2.0 billion by Didi Chuxing and SoftBank deepens partnership with Grab
- Grab expects to raise US$2.5 billion in total in current financing round
- New financing to support Grab’s efforts in strengthening its dominant market position in on-demand transportation and payments in Southeast Asia
Grab Celebrates Fifth Anniversary and Significant User Milestones
- 3x growth in last year to 45 million downloads, and up to 2.5 million daily rides
- Has provided higher incomes for nearly 1 million drivers and reduced travel time in half across Southeast Asia since founding
- Adds GrabNow, New Service to Digitise Street Hailing