Your safety is our priority
GrabExpress aims to provide a fast and safe on-demand delivery service to all our consumers including organisations and businesses.
With the possibility of irresponsible consumers using the GrabExpress service for illicit activities (i.e transporting illegal substances), these safety guidelines serve as a guidance to help you stay safe while delivering.
- Ask the sender to show you the contents of the parcel and check if it matches the jobcard description.
- Clarify with the sender if the weight of the parcel does not match the declared weight.
- Take a picture of the parcel/content using the Grab driver app. Include the sender in the picture if they allow you to do so.
- If the sender is not cooperative OR if the parcel is suspicious/not as declared, ask the sender to cancel the booking or contact Help Centre to request for assistance in cancelling it. To request compensation for your journey to the sender’s location, lodge a report to the Help Centre.
- If the sender insists and continues to act suspiciously, accept the parcel if it is necessary to ensure your safety. Do not deliver the parcel, instead head to the nearest police station and inform Grab Support. Please cooperate with the police if they require your statement.
- If the location of the sender or receiver seems suspicious, contact Grab Support and inform them about the location for further investigation. If you have already reached the location, take a picture of the location without endangering your safety and send it to Grab Support.
- Give full cooperation to the police in charge.
- If required, show your Grab driver app, and share the sender and receiver’s information.
- Allow the police to check the contents of your parcel if requested. Please inform Grab Support immediately.
- If the parcel contains drugs or other illegal items, please inform Grab Support immediately.
- Follow the instructions provided by the police and head to the station if necessary. Please refer here for your rights if you are detained.
- Get legal assistance if necessary. You may seek help from the following legal aid centres: