Last modified: 18 Sep 2023
We need everyone in our community to work together to keep our platform safe and respectful. By using GrabChat, we are encouraging you to adhere to the following community guidelines. If you’re found to be in breach of the following guidelines, Grab may take action including limiting GrabChat usage or temporarily or permanently suspending your account.
1. Do not share obscene or indecent content
GrabChat prohibits users from sharing obscene or indecent content, or requesting them from others, including but not limited to:
- Obscene words, words about sexual acts
- Any media containing obscene or indecent content (images,GIFs, videos, etc)
- Explicit images or images containing nudity
- External links leading to obscene or indecent content
- Other acts that are contrary to social and moral norms, common sense of decency or modesty, as determined by Grab if such acts are discovered through reports, etc.
2. Do not offer/request for sexual services/activities or dating
Inappropriate requests/offers, including for sexual activities/services, dating opportunities or encounters that may lead to crimes, are prohibited. This includes sex, sexual arousal, fetish and kink behavior, and seeking or offering sexual services.
- “I will give you a tip if you give me ‘extra’ service”
- “I’m looking for a boyfriend/girlfriend” (looking for someone to date)
- “Let’s exchange information outside Grab” (inviting to other social networks and dating apps)
- Other acts judged inappropriate by Grab
3. Do not share personal information
To ensure the safety and privacy of all our users, it is essential to refrain from sharing any personal information. At Grab, we are committed to protecting your privacy, and we highly encourage you to use GrabChat for all your communication needs to ensure a safe experience for everyone.
Examples of personal information that should not be shared (through GrabChat or outside GrabChat) include but are not limited to:
- Phone numbers
- Home addresses
- Identification number (eg. NRIC, Passport, FIN numbers)
- Financial and payment information (eg. Credit card details, bank account information)
- Passwords or login credentials
- Threats or encouragement to share personal information or to hack or scam someone’s account
4. Do not threaten, harass, or bully
At Grab, we have a zero-tolerance policy for threatening, harassing, or bullying behavior.
We strive to maintain a respectful and safe environment for all our users. Please refrain from engaging in aggressive or confrontational behavior, as well as using language that may be disrespectful or threatening to others or which makes others uncomfortable.
Examples of prohibited actions include, but are not limited to:
- Sending messages that contain threats of physical harm or violence
- Sending unwanted or offensive messages or messages which contain offensive, inappropriate or vulgar language
- Using derogatory language or slurs targeting a person’s race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or any other attributes
- Sending suggestive messages or messages which comment on a person’s appearance
- Using language which has the tendency to annoy, harass, abuse or threaten, as determined by Grab
5. Do not send spam or scam content
Please refrain from sending messages that are deceptive, fraudulent or designed to mislead others for financial gain; or repeated, unsolicited or irrelevant messages.
Examples of spam/scam content includes:
- Fraudulent investment opportunities
- Phishing attempts
- Advertisements/promotional content
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive community on Grab. If you found someone to be in breach of these guidelines, please report it immediately to Grab Help Center so we can take appropriate action. Let’s treat each other with respect, ensuring our Grab community is supportive. Together, we can foster a welcoming and safe environment for everyone in the Grab community.