Ride free within the CBD with GrabCar all week, extended!
Getting to places in the CBD can be exhausting, especially when you have to beat the peak hour and lunchtime crowds. Grab is making sure you have the ultimate in CBD freedom.
If you travel within the CBD, this is music to your ears! From 11th – 15th April 2016 between 6am – 6pm, Grab will be sponsoring your rides. Just book your first cashless GrabCar ride to areas within the CBD and your ride is on us!
What are you waiting for – you snooze you lose!
How to get your FREE ride!
- Download the Grab app from the App Store or Google Play and register your account.
- Tap on the menu on the top-left hand corner of the screen and select “GrabPay”.
- Click on “Add Credit Card” to enter your card details.
- Return to the booking screen to select your pick-up and drop-off points within the covered areas above.
- Remember to choose GrabCar vehicle type and set credit card as your payment method.
- Upon successful booking, you’ll automatically receive a notification and you’ve earned yourself a free ride!
What qualifies as CBD?
Please note that FREE rides only apply when both pick-up and drop-off locations are within the stipulated areas below:
Click here to check if your locations qualify for this campaign. Please refer to the red outlined area within the central region.
Campaign Terms and Conditions:
- No promo code required.
- Campaign runs from 4-8 and 11-15 April 2016, 6am-6pm daily.
- Eligible for first time credit card users only.
- Limited to 10 GrabCar (Economy) rides per user.
- Limited to 10 free rides throughout the entire campaign period since 4 Apr (i.e if you took 7 rides from 4-8 Apr, you are entitled to 3 more rides from 11-15 Apr).
- The free ride is inclusive of additional ERP charges.
- Limited to point-to-point rides within the stipulated areas above.
- Cancellation of a successful booking disqualifies you from getting a free ride.
1. How can I check if my pick-up and drop-off locations are within the CBD?
Please follow these steps:
- Click here to access the URA Map.
- Type in your pick-up or drop-off location in the search box
- Zoom out and check that your location falls within the area that is within the area with the red boundary line.
- If it does, your locations are within the CBD.
The picture below shows a sample search for OCBC Centre in the URA website.
2. How do I know if I’m eligible for this promotion?
This promotion is open to all passengers who have never taken a credit card ride on GrabCar. You are eligible for this promotion if:
- You are a new to Grab.
- You have never taken GrabCar
- You have never taken a credit card ride with GrabCar
- You have taken a credit card ride with GrabTaxi but not GrabCar
In addition, all eligible Grab users will receive an email or notification from us with the subject: Grab is paying for your CBD Rides.
3. I am eligible for the promotion. How do I claim my free ride?
Please see the (above) section on “How to get your FREE ride” for detailed steps.
4. Do I need a promo code to qualify for this promotion?
No promo codes required.
5. How do I know that my ride is free?
When you make a qualified booking. Grab’s app will inform you that you have a free ride. You will be informed through a pop-up message on your phone or via the Grab app’s notification inbox.
Your notification should read: “Congratulations! You’ve earned your FREE GrabCar ride. Your free ride covers ERP charges (no additional stops allowed).”
6. Is the ride completely free?
Yes, it is! Your free ride covers both ride fare and ERP charges. If you are eligible for this promotion, you will get 10 free rides.
7. How many free rides do I get?
If you are eligible for this promotion, you will get 10 free rides (subjected to Campaign T&C’s). Users are entitled to 10 free rides throughout the entire campaign period (i.e if you took 7 rides from 4-8 Apr, you are entitled to 3 more rides from 11-15 Apr).
General Terms and Conditions:
- “Ride Free Within The CBD” (“the Campaign”) is organised by GrabCar Pte Ltd. (“the Organiser”) and is open to all GrabCar (Economy) users.
- All employees (both permanent and fixed term contract) of the organiser and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this promotion
- By entering the campaign, you represent you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions of entry and you acknowledge and agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions and decisions of the judges and organiser without limitation or qualification. You further agree that all decisions of the organiser shall be final and conclusive.
- The campaign will run from 11 to 15 April 2016. GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to alter or end the contest at any time, without giving prior notice or compensate in cash or in kind.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify any participant or reject participants deemed ineligible for the campaign (be it under these Terms & Conditions or has engaged in a conduct that the organiser considers inappropriate or unacceptable).
- GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the sole and absolute right to withdraw, amend and/or alter any part or the whole terms and conditions of this campaign at any time without giving any prior notice to the participants.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd decisions in any matter in relation to the campaign shall be final and conclusive. Any request for appeal and review shall not be entertained.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the right to substitute and replace the prizes offered with another prize of equal or higher value.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd shall not be liable for any claims by the participants or be accountable for third-party claims or losses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages and any related claims of any nature, including direct, indirect, third party, consequential or other damages resulting from or related to this contest.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any claims of loss or damage to property or any personal injury or loss of life resulting from or related to this contest.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that GrabCar Pte Ltd reserves the rights to disqualify any entry if it is in breach of its obligations or any terms and conditions of this contest.
- GrabCar Pte Ltd does not take any responsibility in the case of an event that may prevent the participants from participating in the campaign, as a result of certain technical restrictions or other limitations specific or force majeure, which include but not limited to regulatory events, government directive, government intervention and act of God etc.
- All photographs, personal information and names submitted in the campaign, will be deemed as property of GrabCar Pte Ltd and may be used for publicity, advertising, trade or promotion purposes in any media without obtaining any prior consent or payment from the participant.