Because you are important to us, it is our top priority to ensure your peace of mind during your rides with Grab. This includes ensuring that you’re protected from pick-up to drop-off in the event of an accident, at no additional cost.
All Grab passengers receive up to US$20,000 Personal Accident coverage by default.
You can also upsize your coverage by adding on Ride Cover for pick-up delay guarantee and additional Personal Accident benefits of up to RM100,000.
Be covered from the moment you board your Grab ride to when you alight.
You’ll be glad to know that this Personal Accident benefit applies when you’re travelling in any of the eight countries where Grab rides are available.
Here’s what you’ll be covered for while you’re on the job with us.
If you are entitled to a reimbursement of all or part of your medical expense reimbursement claim from any other insurance policies, this Personal Accident Insurance policy will only cover the excess of the amount recoverable from other policies.
Need more coverage? Add on Ride Cover when you book your ride for pick-up delay guarantee and additional FREE Personal Accident benefits of up to RM100,000.
We’re here for you, round the clock. Get emergency assistance, report safety issues, and share ride details with your loved ones.
Drivers are provided a customised safety report in-app, with detailed breakdowns of where exactly the unsafe event took place.
Grab continuously monitors the ride to detect unsafe scenarios and sends an alert to users in case they need any support.
For more questions, please visit our Help Centre.
Please report the accident to our customer service via the Help Centre (Accident and Safety > I was involved in an accident).
You should also lodge a police report if anyone is injured from the accident. Our customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you. You’ll also be required to answer several questions (Who, What, When, Where, Why & How) to ascertain the details of the accident.
Our personal insurance is designed to compensate the Insured Person(s) for bodily injuries arising from an accident. There will be a reimbursement of the Insured Person for the following types of claims, up to the limits as specified in the Policy:
An insured person sustains an injury during the covered trip that results in death.
An insured person sustains an injury during the covered trip that results in a permanent disability. We will compensate based on the degree of impairment or disability, as set out by the policy regarding the relevant percentage for each part of the body.
An insured person sustains an injury during the covered trip that incurs expenses for medical treatment. We will reimburse the insured person for any such medical expenses for treatment within 30 days of the Accident and up to the maximum of a further 30 days (from the date of that first treatment) for follow-up treatment, up to the limit specified by the insurance policy.
If the Insured Person becomes entitled to a reimbursement of all or part of the above claims from any other source, we will only be liable for the excess of the amount recoverable from such other source.
General exclusions apply, e.g. war, military service or operations, any willful or unlawful act, all complications arising from pregnancy-related or pre-existing medical conditions, the influence of alcohol or drugs, engaging in racing on wheels and dentistry.
No, you can only claim up to your incurred medical bills in total from all insurance policies. Our insurance policy will cover the in-excess of any local Motor Insurance Policy.
No, you can only claim for medical treatments received from a regulatory registered doctor.
If hospitalisation is not required, please make a report within 24 hours. Late claims will be handled on a case by case basis. If hospitalisation is required, please notify Grab as early as you are medically able to do so.
1. Campaign period is from 15 January 2022 (12:00am) – 28 February 2022 (11.59pm).
2. GrabPay users are eligible for a “RM8 rebate” in your “My Rewards” when you spend a minimum of RM88 on a single receipt via GrabPay Wallet.
3. The offer of “RM8 rebate” is limited to a total of 62,500 redemptions throughout the campaign period.
4. Offer is valid for TWO (2) in-store redemptions with a cap of ONE(1) redemption per user per day throughout the campaign. Shared across AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, and AEON Wellness throughout the campaign period.
5. The “RM8 rebate” will be awarded instantly with a minimum transaction of RM88 with GrabPay at all outlets of AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, AEON Wellness; The rebate can be found under “My Rewards”. Rebate must be redeemed by clicking “use now” under “My Rewards” 30 days from the date of issuance.
6. The campaign will cease once all redemptions have been fully awarded or at the expiration of the campaign period, whichever is earlier.
7. Offer is based on a first come first served and while stocks last basis only.
8. Grab and AEON Group shall not be under any obligation to inform users, on any communication channels once the offer has been fully redeemed.
9. Offer is only available for AEON Co, AEON BiG, AEON MaxValu Prime, and AEON Wellness physical stores purchases at cashier counter only via GrabPay Wallet; offer is not applicable for online or GrabMart purchases.
10. Offer is not exchangeable for cash or replacements.
11. Offer is not valid with any other voucher, discount or promotion.
12. Grab and AEON Group reserve the right to alter, extend or terminate the promotion, or amend the terms and conditions at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the promotion, the decision of Grab and AEON Group shall be final.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with promotion shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.
14. This rebate is non-transferable to any party.