Grab is here to support you during this difficult time.
A little support from Grab during the extended MCO.
A drop in diners has impacted many businesses like yours, and the extension of the Movement Control Order (MCO) could further affect your income in these tough times.
Therefore, Grab is launching Grab Small-Biz Relief (GSR) Programme, specifically to assist small, independent restaurants and hawkers on GrabFood. We call these businesses Local Heroes, and by receiving an email from us, you are already enrolled as one of the Local Heroes.
All Local Heroes will also get additional visibility as Grab will:
- Instagram posts.
- Showcase Local Heroes category in GrabFood
- Feature your outlet to customers who live close by
- Encourage Grab users to support Local Heroes on GrabFood
Creative assets for social media
We are also extending our support to your social media by sharing 4 templates which you can use for your Facebook or Instagram posts.
Choose your preferred template, and place a photo of your signature meal. Then, include your restaurant’s logo in the background. Do maintain the green Grab bar at the bottom.
Add this link, bit.ly/localheroesapr20, to your Facebook or Instagram post to ensure that potential customers are directed straight to the Local Heroes category in the GrabFood section. On the desktop, they will be directed to the Local Heroes order page in the GrabFood website.
What is the objective of this programme?
We understand that these are challenging times for our GrabFood merchant partners. For the small, independent local restaurants and hawkers who might find it harder to secure financing to weather through this period, we have launched the Grab Small-Biz Relief (GSR) programme to help.
We hope that this programme initiative will support the thousands of small, independent restaurants and hawker partners with critical cash flow assistance, especially those that we know have already been forced to pause their entire operations.
When and for how long is the programme valid for?
GSR is valid from 1st April until 14th April 2020.
How does it work?
Small, independent restaurant and hawker merchants partners will receive RM 3.00 rebate per completed GrabFood order during the programme period. This is valid up to maximum RM 3,000 in rebates per brand and the rebate payment structure is as follows below:
- The RM3 rebate will be processed every Monday and Thursday, and will be included in the delivered orders’ amount credited by GPay Network Sdn Bhd.
- The rebate will be reflected in the Paid Amount column of the weekly GrabFood Weekly Statement and the attached detailed order listing.
- If you are a brand with multiple stores, the amount will be credited into your store’s bank account. It is capped at 1,000 orders at the brand level.
What are the conditions to join this programme?
There is no need to apply for this programme. This programme enrolment will be automatic for merchants who meet the qualification criteria as small, independent restaurant and hawker merchants. GrabFood will also send merchants who qualify an email via their registered business and outlet email address.
The criteria for small, independent restaurant and hawker merchants are as follows:
- Micro and small enterprises; AND
- Do not pay SST as per MoF threshold; AND
- Average monthly brand sales < RM 30,000 per month on GrabFood
- (This is calculated based on January to March 2020 performance and will be prorated for new on GrabFood merchants).
What about other merchants who do not qualify for this programme?
To our larger merchant partners: We know many of you have more staff and bigger shoplots to sustain; but we hope you understand the imperative need for us to focus limited resources on the businesses that naturally have the least access to alternative means.
What if I am a small, independent merchant who wants to join GrabFood?
Please let us know your details via the form in this page. As there are a large number of incoming applications during this difficult period, our representative will get in touch with you as soon as we can. However you can also participate in the programme as long as your store is activated within the programme’s duration.