Driver Selfie Authentication Feature
To better safeguard your account!
Starting 7 December 2020, we will be launching the Driver Selfie Authentication feature to all driver-partners* and delivery-partners!
This is a safety feature designed to protect your driver account and prevent unauthorised login. With this feature in place, all you need to do is take a selfie to verify your identity when you are prompted by the driver app.
*This feature will be launched in phases
What is Driver Selfie Authentication feature?
You will need to verify your identity when you:
1) Toggle on job availability:
- This feature will be prompted randomly when you toggle on your availability (android) or tap on the online button (iOS).
- You will NOT not be asked to take a selfie when you are in-transit or when you have received a booking.
2) Change of device or new login:
- You will need to take a selfie every time you log in to your account on a new device.
- If you have just completed selfie verification during login, you will NOT be required to take a selfie again when you toggle on job availability.
Step 1: Tap on ‘job availability’ (Android) or ‘online’ (iOS) button.
Step 2: Make sure your vehicle is parked at a safe place before you start.
Step 3: Follow the instructions in the driver app.
Step 4: If your selfie matches with the profile picture in our system, then you will be able to complete the verification process and start receiving jobs!
REMINDER: If you are unable to verify your identity after multiple attempts, your account will be suspended.
As such, please make an appointment to take a new profile picture at Grab Driver Centre (GDC), OR update your profile picture via Help Centre if there is no GDC in your city.
Step 1: Login to your account via Google from your new device.
Step 2: Make sure your vehicle is parked at a safe place.
Step 3: Follow the instructions in the driver app and complete the verification process!
If the selfie matches with your profile picture in our system, then you will be able to login to your account immediately!
If you are unable to verify your identity, please wait for 10 minutes before repeating this process.
1. Why is this feature required?
To provide an extra layer of protection to ensure the Grab Driver account remains secure and protects the identity of our driver-partners and delivery-partners.
2. How does the Driver Selfie Verification feature work?
This feature will be triggered randomly when you toggle on your job availability, or every time you log in to your account from a new device.
3. Will I need to take a selfie each time I toggle on availability?
No, you will only need to take a selfie when it’s prompted by the driver app.
4. Do I need to verify my identity every time I log in to my account on a new device?
Yes, you need to complete the driver authentication feature every time you log in from a new device.
5. Can I skip the verification process when I toggle on my job availability?
You will not be able to toggle on your job availability if you skip the verification process. Once you are ready to receive jobs, just tap on your job availability to verify your identity and start receiving jobs!
6. What should I do if my face does not get detected?
Please follow the instructions in the driver app or refer to this guideline on Help Centre.
7. What should I do if I still fail to verify my identity?
This may mean that your selfie does not match with your profile picture in our system. Please make an appointment to take a new profile picture at Grab Driver Centre (GDC), OR update your profile picture via Help Centre if there is no GDC in your city.