Cancellations are a bad experience. To protect our community, we take action against both driver-partners and passengers who frequently cancel without valid reason.
What is a Cancellation Rate?
Driver-partner’s Cancellation Rate (CR) = number of jobs you cancelled divide the jobs accepted
You can monitor your CR on the driver app.
So, why did I receive a warning?
- Your driver-partner’s CR is much higher than other driver-partners’
- You use cancellation to select jobs during peak hours
- We frequently receive passenger feedback that you have requested them to cancel without valid reason
- This (point number 3) has happened for a few weeks in a row
Note: The driver-partner CR reflected in your app may be 0% but you may still receive a warning SMS if you have repeatedly requested your passengers to cancel your rides.
How do passenger cancellations affect me?
Passenger cancellations will affect you ONLY if you have repeatedly requested them to cancel on your behalf. We monitor your passenger cancellation across multiple weeks to avoid taking unfair actions against driver-partners who have been cancelled on many times.
When can I cancel?
We understand that there are certain situations that require you to cancel a booking. Valid reasons that will not affect your CR when you reach the pick-up point include:
- Passenger doesn’t show and/or you’ve waited for too long*
- Passenger has chosen an unsuitable/ illegal pick-up point (e.g. roadside, bus stop, etc.)
- You are unable to accommodate a passenger’s request (e.g., fitting 5 people into a car)
*Please wait a maximum of 5 minutes for all Grab services except for GrabShare and Multi-Stop Rides, which have a maximum waiting period of 3 minutes.
What are the stages before being banned?
If you’ve received the first warning SMS, do not worry, you can still improve your CR. There are three stages before a driver-partner is banned:
1. Soft warn
3. Suspend & Re-education
Tips to reduce your CR: Refrain from cancelling your rides without a valid reason, and refrain from asking your passengers to cancel their rides.
To provide a good experience, we encourage you to use GrabChat to inform a passenger of your reason for cancelling before doing so. If you have any complaints about your rides or passengers, please leave us a feedback here.