Dear friends and families in Penang and Sg. Petani, Kedah, we at Grab are deeply saddened by your loss caused by the flash floods that started last Saturday, 5 November 2017. Until the authorities announce that this natural disaster is officially over, we hope you’ll stay safe and not make unnecessary travels.
We have all hands on deck, working on solutions to help provide relief to our drivers, passengers, and other victims to the best of our abilities. In the coming days, we will be making more announcements about our relief efforts.
We’re also touched by the many Malaysians who have stepped up and asked how they can help. Please be patient as we finalise on our relief efforts.
Please check this page for updates on #GrabRelief.
Updates on 13 November 2017, 2.00pm.
- Grab staff and driver-partners from all over Peninsula Malaysia are coming to Penang to boost the supply of GrabCars while the state continues to work on flood recovery. We look forward to meeting our Penang passengers and driver-partners while we are there.
Updates on 9 November 2017, 2.01pm.
- We’re giving RM5 off x 25 rides to each passenger in Penang to hopefully lighten the burden a little.
- To redeem this, please use the code ‘Grab4PG’.
- Redemption starts from today until 23 November 2017.
- Applicable 7am-7pm, up to 10,000 rides a day.
Updates on 6 November 2017, 7.05pm.
- There will be no surge pricing in affected areas until further notice.
- There will be zero commission on drivers’ fares in affected areas until further notice.
- Ignores or cancellations from 3 Nov (Friday) – 5 Nov (Sunday) will not be counted into a driver’s weekly AR/CR (for incentives) in Penang.
- The Grab Driver Centre in Penang was affected by the flood, hence it will be closed until further notice as we begin clean-up efforts.
- You may experience a delay in service during this period, so we thank you in advance for your kind patience and understanding.
On behalf of Grab Malaysia