The Fine Print
Please remember to read all of the fine print to ensure that you qualify for incentives. Also, please do take some time to read the T&Cs in your driver app to ensure that you are able to perform your best as a Grab Driver-partner on our platform. To qualify for earnings, you must:
- Maintain an average DR of 4.7 and above (effective 7 August 2017) for incentives.
- Maintain an average DR of 4.5 and above (effective 20 November 2017) to stay on the Grab platform.
- Maintain a Weekly Acceptance Rate of 80%. Your Weekly Acceptance Rate will be reset every Monday at 12:01am to 0%.
- Maintain a weekly Driver-partner cancellation rate at a maximum of 15% in order to qualify for earnings. Weekly Driver-partner cancellation rate* is calculated as Number of Driver-partner Cancellations in a week divided by Number of Accepted Bookings in a week. However, Driver-partners who consistently request passengers to cancel on their behalf will be monitored closely.
- A minimum AR of 30% is required for all Driver-partners to remain on the Grab platform.
- For those who opted-in before 16 March 2018 for 20% commission rate, GrabCar will collect a 20% commission from gross fares.
- For those who DIDN’T opted-in for 20% commission before 16 March 2018 and new Driver-partners, GrabCar will collect a 25% commission from gross fares.
- To keep track of your weekly fares collected and trips completed, check your driver app job history.
- For instances where fraudulent bookings or behaviour are found (e.g. Driver-partner excessively asking passenger to cancel on their behalf), an internal investigation will be conducted by Grab. Driver-partner may or may not qualify for earnings payout, depending on the findings of the investigation.
- This earning structure is only applicable for GrabCar (Economy) as per the week communicated. Any previous earning structure is not applicable.
- All decisions made by Grab are final.