After receiving feedback from the e-hailing community on the two new regulatory requirements, the Ministry of Transport held a press conference this afternoon to address the concerns of the e-hailing community.
Here are the key updates from the press conference:
- No action needed for vehicle code change: The code change from private to “private e-hailing” (AH code) will be done on JPJ’s internal system based on approved EVP applications from APAD and LPKP (Sabah & Sarawak). The AH code will NOT affect your car grant.
- Printed EVP NOT mandatory (not applicable to East Malaysia): As previously communicated, approved EVP numbers will be displayed in the driver app. Please save a screenshot of the EVP section in your driver app to share with enforcement officers, if requested.
We understand that some of you may have invested significant time and effort to meet the new requirements over the last two days. Please report any charges or changes to the car grant for the vehicle code change on the JPJ’s public complaints website to request a refund or removal of code. We will also highlight the complaints we have received so far to the Ministry of Transport.
We encourage you to have the following by 12 October to comply with regulations:
- PSV licence OR proof of passing the exam* while you wait for your PSV licence (see screenshots below)
- Puspakom disc if your vehicle is more than 3 years old from the date of manufacture
- E-Hailing sticker displayed on the front and rear windscreen
- Valid e-hailing insurance** – Grab Daily E-hailing Insurance or annual
- E-Hailing Vehicle Permit
* Valid until 31 Dec 2019 only
** For those insured under Grab Daily E-hailing Insurance (GDI), please show your policy under “GrabInsure” on the driver app
How do I get my proof of passing the exam?
- Go to https://grb.to/JPJresults
- Key in your NRIC number
- Screenshot your personal details and exam results