JPJ and APAD organised a briefing last Friday and have informed E-hailing operators that e-hailing drivers are required to have the following on 12 Oct:
- PSV licence OR proof of passing the exam* while you wait for your PSV licence (see screenshots below)
- Puspakom disc if your vehicle is more than 3 years old from the date of manufacture
- E-Hailing sticker displayed on the front and rear windscreen
- Valid e-hailing insurance – Grab Daily E-hailing Insurance or annual
In addition, despite the Minister of Transport’s announcement in May (link to Star article), JPJ and APAD have just introduced two new requirements during the briefing:
- [NEW] Printed copy of the EVP. If you have the EVP, kindly fill in the relevant sections on this template based on your driver profile & print a copy. Click here for the how-to guide.
- [NEW] Change vehicle code to ‘AH’ (private e-hailing) at the nearest JPJ branch. You will need to fill up the JPJ forms (EH1 & K8) and provide a copy of your:
- Printed EVP
- PSV licence
- Car grant
- Insurance cover note (including e-hailing insurance)**
We are taken aback by this sudden change, especially when we are only a few days away from the enforcement date. While we negotiate with the relevant authorities, we urge you to do the necessary to meet the full list of requirements by 12 Oct.
* Valid until 31 Dec 2019 only
** For those insured under Grab Daily E-hailing Insurance (GDI), please show your policy under “GrabInsure” on the driver app
What happens if I do not have valid e-hailing insurance by 12 Oct?
If you do not have valid e-hailing insurance (either annual or GDI) by 10AM 11 Oct, you will not be allocated any bookings. Please update your insurance cover note at http://grb.to/ehailling_insurance or opt-in to GDI in your driver app if you have not done so.
How do I know the status of my E-hailing Vehicle Permit (EVP)?
View your EVP status in the driver app using the how-to-guide in point 4.
- If you have not done so, please upload your vehicle details & car grant to Grab at http://grb.to/reg_reupload
- If your status shows “Pending Approval”, your application has been submitted to APAD / LPKP and is pending their approval. Please show this to the authorities, if requested
- If you have submitted your details but your EVP status is empty, please note that due to limited daily slots allowed by APAD / LPKP, we will prioritize submission of EVP applications for those with PSV licence or have passed exams
If you don’t see the EVP number in your app, please update your driver app to the latest version (v5.95 for Android and v1.82 for iOS).
How do I get the E-hailing sticker?
For cities with kiosks run by Grab, bring a copy of your PSV licence or proof of passing exam to the nearest kiosk to collect the sticker. List of kiosks here.
For other cities, please look out for further communication from us for e-hailing sticker collection in your respective cities.
What if I have not completed my Puspakom inspection?
If your car is more than 3 years old from date of manufacture, we urge you to do so soon. After 12 Oct, Puspakom requires drivers to have the EVP before undergoing the Puspakom inspection.
How do I get my proof of passing exam?
- Go to https://grb.to/JPJresults
- Key in your NRIC number
- Screenshot your personal details and exam results