[UPDATE – 2 DECEMBER 2020] KKIA Queue Feature will be available effective 2 Dec 2020! The waiting area has also been temporarily relocated to Terminal 2 Airport Open Parking, Tanjung Aru.
In order to provide a seamless, transparent and safe experience to our driver-partners awaiting passengers at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA), we are introducing the new KKIA Queue Feature!
This feature is activated only if you wait for bookings at the Waiting Area, a designated location that has been suggested and approved by the authorities at Terminal 2 Airport Open Parking, Tanjung Aru.
// Reminders while waiting for your booking
- Please be ready to receive jobs when your queue number is 5 and below.
- Once you have accepted a job, please make your way to the passenger immediately at the Pick Up Area. Do not wait for your passenger at the Pick Up and Drop Off area. Please make sure they are ready and waiting for you.
- Do not block traffic.
- Throw your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Please park your car at the designated area only.
// For improved waiting experience
- Switch your wifi on to improve your GPS accuracy.
- We recommend that you choose and activate only 1 service type on your driver app to avoid losing your queue position unexpectedly.
- Check to make sure your app is not locked or on standby mode.
- Once a booking is received, remember to contact your passenger via GrabChat to inform them of your Expected Time of Arrival (ETA).
// Passenger cancellations
- Do not ask passengers to cancel WITHOUT VALID REASONS. If you are caught asking passengers to cancel without valid reasons, we will investigate further and will take disciplinary action if necessary.
- To avoid passenger cancellations, always respond to their calls / GrabChat messages and provide them an update about your whereabouts.
// Minimum credit wallet balance
Please ensure you have sufficient balance in your Credit Wallet in order to receive jobs from Kota Kinabalu International Airport. The minimum amount required differs according to your service type.
Example 1: If you are on GrabCar, JustGrab or GrabCar Mandarin, you will need a minimum balance of RM5 to receive jobs with fares RM50 and below.
Example 2: If you are on GrabCar 6-Seater, you will need a minimum balance of RM10 to receive jobs with fares RM75 and below.
Where is the Waiting Area?
Image 1: KKIA Queue Waiting Area at Terminal 2 Airport Open Parking, Tanjung Aru
Image 2 & 3: Terminal 2 Airport Open Parking, Tanjung Aru
Driver-partners will only get KKIA jobs when they are in the Waiting Area.
How will this feature work?
Think “First come, first served”. This means driver-partners who arrive at the Waiting Area first will be assigned the booking first. Driver-partners who arrive later will be placed in a queue and will have to wait their turn for a booking. Once you are at the top of the queue, you will receive the next booking.
Your queue position will be sent via the notification section in your driver app.
What is KKIA Priority Queue?
You will be placed in a shorter KKIA queue if you fulfil the following criteria:
- Return to the Waiting Area within 20 minutes after you drop off passengers at KKIA.
Is this feature applicable to all service types?
This feature is applicable for JustGrab, GrabCar, GrabCar 6-Seater, and GrabCar Mandarin. Driver-partners can select to be online for both service types but we recommend only turning on 1 service type to avoid losing your queue position unexpectedly.
How will driver-partners be informed of their queue ranking?
Once you’re within the Waiting Area, you will receive a notification informing you of your queue ranking if you’re online. After the first notification, you will be notified each time your ranking changes, up till the time you get a job.
When there’s a new queue position, your inbox will refresh automatically to show the new in-app message.
Each message will expire after 2 hours, please look out for non KKIA Queue announcements while you are in queue.
*Images are for illustration purpose only
What if I don’t receive a queue allocation?
- Be sure you are at the right place. The queue allocation will only take effect in the Waiting Area.
- Depending on your mobile carrier, there may be a slight delay in receiving the notification. We advise you to wait at least 10 minutes before calling Customer Support.
- You can also check your queue position in the notification section.
Can I be pushed to the back of the queue?
Yes. You will fall to the back of the queue for all service types if you:
- Cancel more than ONE (1) booking.
- Go offline/ switch off ‘available for jobs’ button for more than 10 minutes.
- Leave Waiting Area without any bookings and return after 10 minutes.
What happens to my queue ranking if a passenger cancels on me?
- If you’ve left the Waiting Area to pick your passenger up and your passenger cancels on you, your queue ranking for the cancelled service type will still remain on the top providing you return to the area within 10 minutes.
- However, your queue ranking for other service types will be pushed to the back. Therefore, we strongly encourage you to only have one service type switched on.