Know the symptoms and get yourself checked!
According to the National Cancer Society of Malaysia, prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers among men in Malaysia. Men who are aged 50 years old and above are at a higher risk of developing prostate cancer.
In conjunction with Movember this year, an annual event where men grow moustaches and beard during the month of November to raise awareness of men’s health issues, we’ve listed some of the prostate cancer symptoms that our male driver-partners can look out for. Read on to find out more!
- Have trouble starting or have a weak urinary stream
- Stopping in midstream
- Urinating more frequently than usual, especially during the night
- Do note that the feeling of pain or burning sensation during urination may also be caused by an enlarged prostate gland or a urinary tract infection
- Weakness in your legs or have a hard time walking
- Not being able to urinate standing up
- Experience pain in your lower back, hips, pelvis, thighs, or other bones for a few days or weeks
- Blood in the urine, also known as hematuria, may appear pink, red, maroon, or blood clots that looks like coffee grounds
What is prostate cancer?
Prostate cancer develops when a normal cell in the prostate begins to grow out of control. The prostate is a small gland in the pelvis, found only in men. As prostate gland is located near the bladder and urethra, most symptoms of prostate cancer are usually linked to urination during the early stages.
If you have these symptoms, it does not mean you have prostate cancer. While these symptoms may not necessarily be caused by the cancer, you should not ignore them and it is always better to consult your doctor for further enquiries.
For more information and other resources, please visit the National Cancer Society Malaysia’s page at https://cancer.org.my/.
Updates and new features!
New Driver Wallet Transaction Design
To make it easier for you to read your transactions, we’ve simplified & redesigned the wallet history section. Here’s how it will look like:
For safety of our driver-partners, bookings received between 2AM to 6AM will be CASHLESS ONLY, except for JustGrab (for Airport) and GrabCar Exec (for Airport) bookings. This means passengers who book a Grab ride during these hours will only be able to pay with cashless methods such as GrabPay Wallet or Debit/Credit card.
*This feature will be rolled out in stages to all passengers in Klang Valley from end-October onwards.
GrabBenefits Rewards – Monthly Highlights
GrabBenefits is a programme that provides benefits to driver-partners, through a wide selection of merchants. This includes cheaper pricing to reduce your daily expenses. Don’t miss out, just tap on GrabBenefits in your driver app today and check out what’s in store for you!
Here is one of the attractive rewards available for you to redeem this month: