We hope you have enjoyed your Chinese New Year celebrations!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you once more for all your hard work. That’s the simple reason behind our Tenkiu Fa Cai festive campaign this year.
A few weeks ago, we held Chinese New Year Open Houses for our driver-partners in Klang Valley, Penang, Melaka, Johor Bahru and Kota Kinabalu.
Driver-partners were greeted warmly by the Grab staff and presented with goodies bags containing a phone holder, a seat-belt cushion and a 3-folded educational pamphlet courtesy of Grab. They were then treated to a lion dance performance and following that, together with Grab staff, took part in a lou sang session.
There was a variety of activities organised for both drivers and their families. In the Klang Valley event, there were health checks by Lourdes Medical Services, fitness and posture awareness by District 13 and Precise Rehab respectively. In other cities, there were family favourites such as face painting, caricature drawings and a Chinese calligraphist who provided the attendees with customised prosperity messages.
One of the key highlights of the occasion is the introduction of the inaugural Unsung Heroes Awards. The awards was to recognise driver-partners who went beyond the call of duty in 2017 by providing the best service to their passengers. Grab awarded the following recipients:
- Most Valuable Driver (Male) : Tho Tse Cheong
- Most Valuable Driver (Female) : Lee Poh Yee
- Most Refers By Drivers : Choon Lee Kuang
- Most Positive Driver : Lai Koh Heng
- Rising Star : Muhammad Shahraien Bin Abdul Rahman
- Go Beyond Awards : Grace Nesamani A/P Raju
- Sweetest Driver : Abu Talib Bin Mohd Ali
- Lifetime Award : Ranjit Singh A/L Bhag Singh
- Most Valuable Driver (Male) : Wooi Wei Khee
- Most Valuable Driver (Female) : Tay Siow Suan
- Most Refers By Drivers : Muhammad Faris Bin Abdul Aziz
- Go Beyond Awards : Gopalakrishnan A/L Karupaia
- Rising Star : Tey Du Heng
- Most Valuable Driver (Male) : Pak Chung Chin
- Most Valuable Driver (Female) : Lily Yapp
- Most Refers By Drivers : Joseph Chin
- Go Beyond Awards : Samuel Lee Ket Min
- Rising Star : Machmud Bin Lukman
- Most Valuable Driver (Male) : Yeoh Eng Keat
- Most Valuable Driver (Female) : Tan Yuan Yuan
- Most Refers By Drivers : Imran Bin Radhuan Din
- Go Beyond Awards : Cheow Sin Loong
- Rising Star : Lim Woei Chyuan
- Most Valuable Driver (Male) : Mohd Haidar Bin A Rahman
- Most Valuable Driver (Female) : Ku Kim Lian
- Most Refers By Drivers : Mohd Ezuwan Bin Zainal
- Go Beyond Awards : Yusoff Bin Abd Gani
- Rising Star : Edwin Yeo Boon Seng
Another highlight of the open house was the lucky draw sessions. Grab gave away prizes worth more than RM55,000 such as CNY hampers, Starbucks Gift Cards, Tesco vouchers and KHIND kitchen appliances. The epitome of suspense was an all high when fellow driver-partners in all 5 cities walked away with the grand prize, a 50” Plasma Flat Screen Television worth RM1,400.
Country Head Sean Goh who was present at the Klang Valley event applauded the drivers for all their efforts and also shared a few words.
“On behalf of all of us from Grab, we are so proud to call you, our driver-partners and for the way you continuously out-serve your passengers. Grab would not be Malaysia’s preferred ride hailing service without your hard and heart-work. Therefore, just as you continue to serve your passengers, we will continue to do all that we can to serve you,” said Goh to all the drivers.
Here’s a recap of all the five events:
#TENKIUFACAI once again to all our driver-partners for your hard work! If you (driver-partners) missed out on our Open House and surprise visits, don’t worry. We’ll have more of those coming your way 😀
Posted by Grab on Tuesday, 6 March 2018
These events are a part of our Better 365 initiatives. Stay tuned for more!
To view more photos:
Klang Valley – Click here.
Penang, JB, Melaka, KK – Click here.