We are updating our policy to include Late Cancellation Fees as there are a small number of passengers who misuse our services by cancelling rides and not showing up when drivers arrive (<0.5% of our bookings). This unfair behaviour affects the efficiency of our service and our driver-partner’s ability to serve you better. To safeguard the interests of our users, we’re introducing 2 types of Cancellation Fees to prevent such behaviour:
- No-Show Fee: If a passenger does not reach the pick-up point 5 minutes after the driver has arrived, a No-Show Fee between RM3-5 will apply.
- Late Cancellation Fee: If a passenger cancels a booking after 5 minutes of a driver accepting the booking, a Late Cancellation Fee of between RM3-5 will apply.
|GrabCar, JustGrab, JustGrab (for Airport), GrabShare, GrabTaxi (Metered and Executive), GrabCar (Mandarin), GrabCar Plus
|GrabCar (6-seater), JustGrab (6-seater), JustGrab (10-Seater)
|GrabCar (Premium), GrabCar Luxe (Vellfire for Airport)
Will this policy affect you?
Generally no as this policy affects only about <0.5% of our bookings who misuse our system. So if you’re using your Grab app responsibly, you will not get charged.
1. What happens if I really need to take more than 5 minutes to get ready after my driver arrives?
We strongly encourage booking your ride only when you’re absolutely ready.
2. Will I get charged a Late Cancellation Fee if the driver calls and asks me to cancel my booking?
You may be charged at first, but should you be charged unfairly, do reach out to us via our in app Help Center and we will reimburse you the amount upon concluding our investigations on the matter. Driver-partners who repeatedly ask passengers to cancel would be suspended or even permanently banned.
3. Drivers sometimes cancel my bookings as well. Will there be any measures in place to deter drivers from doing so?
We already have strict measures in place to take action against frequent driver cancellations. Repeated abuse by these driver-partners could result in a suspension or even a permanent ban.
4. My app tells me my driver has arrived, but he/she is not there. Will I be charged a No-Show Fee?
You may be charged at first, but should you be charged unfairly, do reach out to us via our in app Help Center and we will reimburse you the amount upon concluding our investigations on the matter.
5. My Grab driver did not arrive to my pick up location according to the estimated arrival time in the app. Will I be charged a Late Cancellation Fee if I cancel my booking?
No, you won’t be charged if you have waited more than 10 mins longer than the estimated arrival time.
Regardless, if you felt that you have been charged unfairly, please reach out to our in-app Help Centre. If a genuine mistake was made, we will reimburse the Fee within a maximum of two (2) working days.
6. I accidentally booked a ride and need to cancel it. Will I be charged a Late Cancellation Fee?
No, the cancellation fee only applies if you cancel your booking 5 minutes after a driver accepts it. If you cancel it within the 5-minute grace period, a fee will not be charged.
7. My driver has not been moving towards my location, and I had no choice but to cancel. Will I still be charged a Late Cancellation Fee?
No, you won’t be charged if your driver hasn’t made a considerable amount of effort in driving towards your pick-up point. If this happens, try calling your driver or using GrabChat. He/she may be stuck in traffic. If you’re unable to contact the driver, you may cancel the booking at no charge.
8. Do these cancellation fees go to Grab?
Not at all. 100% of the cancellation fees go to your driver to compensate for his/her efforts to get to your location. We expect that this won’t affect around 99.5% of our passengers who use Grab fairly and responsibly.
9. I believe I’ve been unfairly charged a No-Show or Late Cancellation Fee. Can I get a refund?
If you believe you’ve been unfairly charged, reach out to us via our in-app Help Centre. We’ll reply within 6 hours and help you resolve the issue. If our investigations show that you were charged unfairly, we’ll reimburse you the amount you were charged.