It was 2012 and legend has it, a few friends were enjoying some tea together. As is common with Southeast Asians, they started ranting about how hard it was to get a taxi.
But afterwards, they did something uncommon.
They decided to solve the problem. They started us, Grab (then MyTeksi). Pretty soon, our simple goal had transformed into something bigger – to make Southeast Asia a better place.
Today, Grab is present in eight countries across the region. And countless people like you, use our services every day.
But you are more than just a “number” to us. Like you, we too are Malaysians, Singaporeans, Indonesians, Thais, Vietnamese, Cambodians, Filipinos and Myanmar people. You are our neighbours. Friends. Family. And whatever we do, it’s to drive all of us … Forward Together.
Forward, But in What Direction?
As one of the fastest growing regions in the world, it’s easy to take progress for granted. Not so at Grab. We understand your needs don’t just stop at getting a ride.
You deserve a safe transportation platform.
Safe enough for us to trust our own mothers, sisters, and daughters to use. So we implemented these measures:
- Screening Every driver and vehicle are screened upon registration and must maintain a star rating above a set minimum.
- Training & Code of Conduct We continually improve our training system and Code of Conduct to ensure a high level of service.
- Safety Features We’re always innovating for your safety. In fact, we introduced the first “Share Your Ride” feature in the industry.
- Insurance & 24/7 Support We’ve got you covered with additional Personal Accident coverage, 24/7 call centres, and emergency response teams.
Everyone should have access to transportation.
Because to us, transportation is a right, not a privilege. That’s why we’ve worked really hard to create a platform that caters to your every need, regardless of income, age, or special needs:
- Choices Whether it’s taxis, cars, bikes or other vehicles, all our rides are fairly priced. So there’s one for your every need.
- Door to Door We believe door-to-door transportation should be affordable to all. Not just because it’s nice to have. But because for someone with special needs, it’s a must have.
- Anywhere Anytime From going to work in the morning, to heading home after a night of partying, we plan to be there for all of you.
We want to improve the lives of our partners.
That’s what we call our drivers. Not workers. Not contractors. But partners. And we want to give you a way to earn enough to have options in life. We want to make a profit, yes. But never at your expense.
- Entrepreneurs In essence, every driver partner is working for him/herself. It’s a small enterprise that will help you achieve financial freedom.
- Training We want our driver partners to be the best drivers they can be. No just so you can earn more, but so you will also have pride in your profession.
- We’re Family It’s a privilege for us to be a part of our driver partners’ lives. That’s why we created programs to help you own better cars and prepare for your retirement, or provide special classes for your children.
The Only Way is Together
See a problem. Come up with the solution. If only it was that simple.
At Grab, we have always tried to solve real world transportation problems. But even from the very beginning, we realised just finding the solution is not enough. To actually bring them to life, requires more.
Sure, we have the technology. But we still need to bring passengers and drivers together. We need to work with communities and governments. And we need to learn from the diverse peoples and cultures of Southeast Asia.
And the only way we can do all that, is together with you.
The goals we’ve set for ourselves aren’t easy to achieve. But we believe one day soon, every single person in Southeast Asia will be able to travel safely, comfortably, and easily to work, to college, and to tea with a few friends.
With every single day that passes, we’re more certain of it. Because we have you to help get us there. That’s what Grab is really about. Bringing people together to make life better for all.