Enhancing Millions of Visitors’s Travel Experience, Grab Available in Seven Sumatra Airports
After providing its ride-hailing services to thousands across 7 international airports in Indonesia, Grab, the leading everyday superapp in Southeast Asia, is teaming up with PT. Angkasa Pura II to officially launch GrabCar Airport in Seven Airports in Sumatra.
- Teaming up with PT. Angkasa Pura II, Grab offers GrabCar Airport and official pick-up points in seven airports in Sumatra
- Grab’s presence in seven airports in Sumatra and a total of 14 airports in Indonesia further shows Grab’s support towards the ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ program from the Ministry of Tourism
- Throughout the year, GrabCar Airport will be available in more airports across Indonesia
Medan, July 11, 2019 – After providing its ride-hailing services to thousands across 7 international airports in Indonesia, Grab, the leading everyday superapp in Southeast Asia, is teaming up with PT. Angkasa Pura II to officially launch GrabCar Airport in Seven Airports in Sumatra. This launch is expected to boost millions of visitors both domestic and foreign to various cities throughout the island of Sumatra by providing the best travel experience for visitors. From a safe and convenient transportation option to and from the airport, a seamless payments experience and to additional benefits at the airport such as the various benefits from Travel category at GrabRewards.
With the strategic partnership with PT. Angkasa Pura II, Grab became the first ride-hailing company to officially work with all seven airport operators in Sumatera to provide mobility, safe and convenient transportation options for tourists and the local community. These seven airports include; Kualanamu International Airport, Medan; Silangit International Airport, North Tapanuli; Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport, Palembang; Raden Inten II International Airport, Bandar Lampung; Minangkabau International Airport, Padang; Sultan Syarif Kasim II International Airport, Pekanbaru; and Silampari Airport, Lubuklinggau.
The launch event of the GrabCar Airport in Seven Airports in Sumatra was inaugurated by Coordinating Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Luhut Binsar Panjaitan, Governor of Sumatera Utara, Edy Rahmayadi, Director General of Land Transport Ministry of Transportation Budi Setiadi, the Head of Lake Toba Authority Arie Prasetyo, Director of Service and Facilities PT. Angkasa Pura II, Ituk Herarindri, and President of Grab Indonesia Ridzki Kramadibrata as well as witnessed by strategic tourism partners at the Kualanamu International Airport, Medan, Arrival area that is one of the tourist entry gates to Indonesia.
In his remarks during the launch, Coordinating Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Luhut Binsar Panjaitan said, “Indonesia’s tourism industry needs to be supported with adequate facilities and infrastructure as well as Airports that has become the entry gate for domestic and foreign visitors. Therefore, I am confident that Grab’s commitment to support the Indonesian tourism sector by presenting GrabCar Airport in many airports in Indonesia and can be the solution to ease the mobility of visitors for tours and business visits.”
Governor of North Sumatra, Edy Rahmayadi also adds, ”Transportation integration holds an important part in Indonesia’s economic development and growth including in North Sumatera. I really appreciate GrabCar’s presence in Kualanamu and Silangit airports as well as other airports in Sumatra that completes Indonesia’s transportation system while providing safe, comfortable and affordable transportation options. Visitors who enter from airports will be able to continue their journey easily by using Grab’s app.”
This launch further completes Grab’s official presence in 14 airports across Indonesia and the continuation of Grab and Ministry of Tourism’s partnerships through the #JelajahIndonesiaLebihDekat campaign to support the ‘Wonderful Indonesia’ program, which provides an easy online transportation solution for millions of tourists in various airports in Indonesia. Grab realizes that easy, safe, and comfortable transportation are important factors in a tourists’ convenience.
In his appreciation for Grab’s support towards the Wonderful Indonesia program, the Head of Lake Toba Authority Arie Prasetyo, representing the Ministry of Tourism, said, “The continuous collaboration between the Ministry of Tourism and Grab to provide transportation access in 14 airports across Indonesia cannot be separated from the government’s efforts to promote tourism by utilizing technology in this digital era. The Ministry of Tourism hopes that Grab’s presence especially in Silangit airport can support 1 million tourist visits to Lake Toba until 2023 as well as to realize the government’s target to bring in 20 million foreign tourists this year.”
GrabCar Airport service presence is supported by Angkasa Pura II. PT Angkasa Pura (AP) II President Director Muhammad Awaluddin said, “As the operator of world-class aiports, Angkasa Pura II continuously provides the best service that meets security, safety and comfort standards that complies with applicable regulations. This partnership shows our commitment to improve our service quality for all users in 16 airports managed by Angkasa Pura II. We believe that the easy online transportation access in seven International Airports in Sumatra will become a value added point and improve our service. We believe that GrabCar Airport will help airport users’ mobility better.”
Ridzki Kramadibrata, President of Grab Indonesia explains, “The trust and support from the Ministry of Tourism and Angkasa Pura for Grab to provide online transportation officially in 14 airports in Indonesia is our clear statement to promoting Indonesia’s tourism to millions of tourists and providing a comfortable and safe travel experience. We are eager to continuously contribute to improve the travel experience with easy transportation service, travel and local food recommendations, as well as other benefits that can be enjoyed by tourists. Furthermore, we hope GrabCar Airport in 14 airports in Indonesia can support the local economy, which includes increasing driver partners’ income in this city.”
Various benefits for GrabCar Airport’s visitors and users:
- Official pick-up points: By the time visitors land, they can meet with GrabCar driver partner at the official pick up point in 14 airports easily! Visitors can order GrabCar Airport from Grab’s app and visit Grab Pick-Up Point to wait for the pick-up.
- Rate Certainty: Visitors will get a certain rate of GrabCar Airport from the application before the ride starts and at an affordable price.
- Venues Feature: For first-timers who visit these 14 airports, Grab provides a Venues feature to give them a visual guide (photo) and text to lead them to the nearest pick-up point directly from Grab’s app.
- The all-in safety features: To increase the safety and comfort of riding a GrabCar Airport vehicle, Grab offers 5 safety features for users and driver partners including VoIP for a free call in Grab’s app, Passenger Selfie Verification to identify passengers through a photo selfie, share my ride, and SOS Button that provides driver partners and users an unlimited mobilization and greater peace of mind.
- Great benefits in GrabRewards: Grab has signed up more than 150 partners in all of the major airports across Southeast Asia including Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Benefits include access to close to 70 lounges in the region, at rates of up to 55% off, and discounts up to 20% at over 80 F&B partners. All new deals can be redeemed through the GrabRewards catalogue in the Grab app.
“As the leading super app, Grab would like to provide a better riding experience for tourists in just one application. For example, tourists can utilize Rent a GrabCar if they want to rent a car for several hours so they can travel to several famous tourism sites easily. Through GrabChat, tourists can also communicate without language barriers because Grab will automatically translate the messages sent by users and driver partners. Moreover, tourists can also easily book a hotel room through the Hotels feature in Grab’s app before they arrive at the destination,” adds Ridzki.
Grab is available in 14 airports in Indonesia:
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, Tangerang
- Halim Perdana Kusuma International Airport, Jakarta
- Husein Sastranegara International Airport, Bandung
- Adi Soemarmo International Airport, Solo
- Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Sepinggan International Airport, Balikpapan
- Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport, Makassar
- Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II International Airport, Palembang
- Kertajati International Airport, Majalengka
- Kualanamu International Airport, Medan
- Silangit Tapanuli International Airport, Utara
- Raden Inten II International Airport, Bandar Lampung
- Minangkabau International Airport, Padang
- Sultan Syarif Kasim II International Airport, Pekanbaru
- Silampari Airport, Lubuklinggau
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.