Grab Indonesia Celebrates Its Achievements in 2018 with Driver-Partners through ‘Grab Karnaval’
Grab, the leading online-to-offline (O2O) mobile platform in Southeast Asia, conducted ‘Grab Karnaval’ event at Gambir Expo, Kemayoran to celebrate its achievements in 2018 with more than 2,000 driver-partners and their families.
- In 2018, Grab Indonesia successfully expanded its services to 222 cities and become a market leader in the ride-hailing industry in Indonesia thanks to its Grab driver partners’ contributions and hard work
- Grab Indonesia provides various programs and initiatives to increase its driver partners’ welfare
Jakarta, 22 December 2018 – Grab, the leading online-to-offline (O2O) mobile platform in Southeast Asia, conducted ‘Grab Karnaval’ event at Gambir Expo, Kemayoran to celebrate its achievements in 2018 with more than 2,000 driver-partners and their families. This appreciation moment is a regular event that strengthens the relationships between Grab’s driver-partners and extends its appreciation for their hard work and achievements throughout the year.
Throughout 2018, Grab Indonesia successfully expanded its services to 222 cities across Indonesia from Sabang to Merauke from 12 cities in early 2017, thus strengthening its position as the largest O2O mobile platform. In line with its business expansion, Grab currently leads the ride-hailing market in Indonesia with 60 percent of market share in the two-wheel segment and 70 percent of market share in the four-wheel segment.
Attending the opening ceremony of Grab Karnaval, Ir. Budi Karya Sumadi, Minister of Transportation for Republic of Indonesia, stated: “I would like to extend my appreciation to Grab Indonesia’s effort for having this kind of initiative. It is a good example of uplifting positive energy and creating a stronger bond between the operator and its driver-partners in order to provide better services to customers. Furthermore, I also would like to remind all online transportation operators and driver-partners to place strong attention to safety by obeying traffic laws as well as keeping their vehicles in the best condition.”
“We really appreciate the support and hard work of our driver-partners,” said Ridzki Kramadibrata, Managing Director Grab Indonesia. “Thanks to their contribution, Grab has successfully become a market leader in the ride-hailing industry in Indonesia and strengthened its position to become the very first everyday superapp in Southeast Asia. We were excited to celebrate this achievement together with our driver-partners and their families at the Grab Karnaval today, and we hope our drivers can enjoy this event and be motivated to give their best service to our customers.”
Grab Indonesia has also introduced various initiatives to increase the welfare of its driver-partners, such as:
- The GrabBenefits program, which has various exclusive offerings to GrabCar driver-partners, such as special prices for vehicle maintenance, special discounts in more than 800 selected restaurants and educational institutions in Jakarta, as well as thousands across Indonesia.
- The Grab Leaderboard program provides the opportunity for driver-partners to get umrah packages and obtain health insurance through a partnership with Mandiri In-Health.
- The GrabMitraSejahtera program brings various benefits for our GrabBike driver-partners.
- The launch of the ‘Safer Everyday Technology Roadmap’ is the result of a partnership between Grab, the Jakarta police, and the National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan). This road map comprises a number of products development targeting safety standards in the transportation industry. Several new safety features provided to Grab’s driver-partners are an emergency button, an in-car safety camera, and number masking.
“Our driver-partners are one of our important assets,” Ridzki added. “This event showcases our sustained commitment to maintaining and creating more meaningful relationships with our driver-partners. With such an outstanding achievement this year, we are keen to continue growing bigger with our driver-partners and to bring positive impacts continuously to Indonesian society.”
Grab is one of the most-used online-to-offline (O2O) mobile platforms in Southeast Asia, providing daily services that matter the most to customers. Currently, the Grab application has been downloaded 125 million times, giving users access to more than 8 million drivers, merchants, and agents. Grab has the region’s largest land transportation fleet and has completed more than 2.5 billion rides since it was founded in 2012. Grab offers the widest range of on-demand transport services in the region, in addition to food and package delivery services, across 235 cities in eight countries.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.