Grab’s Follow-up Statement Regarding The Recruitment Process for Prospective Disabilities Partners
27 April 2022
Grab Indonesia is currently conducting an internal investigation regarding the incident experienced by one of Grab’s prospective partners in Cakung on April 26, 2022, and based on the preliminary findings in the last 24 hours, herewith the following:
1. Grab found a procedural error in the field, and expresses the sincerest apologies to him for what had happened.
2. The relevant Grab employee has currently been suspended while the investigation is ongoing and Grab targets to complete the investigation no later than 3 (three) days and the result of the investigation will be informed to the public.
3. Grab attempted to contact the prospective partner on April 26, 2022, and is coordinating with Gerakan untuk Kesejahteraan Tunarungu Indonesia (GERKATIN) in mediation efforts. Prospective partners have expressed their willingness to meet with representatives of Grab Indonesia as part of the evaluation process to improve services for Teman Tuli.
4. The online registration procedure for community-based partners with disabilities that has been running so far will be improved, including:
- Publicize more information on special registration partners with disabilities, to minimize the possibility of procedural errors in the field.
- Complete partner registration forms to ensure more effective services for potential partners with disabilities.
- The two aforementioned matters will be implemented in the next 3 (three) days.
5. Renewal of procedures and internal training for Grab employees tasked with serving partners and potential partners with disabilities, which will be implemented in stages over the next 3 (three) months.
6. Completing the recruitment locations for prospective driver partners and MSMEs, including the Grab Driver Center with:
- Adding more information signages that will facilitate potential partners with disabilities.
- Adding more translator’s attendance schedule to help facilitate the recruitment process for potential partners with disabilities who come to the recruitment location(s).
- All of these aforementioned will be implemented within the next month.
7. Grab continues to consult with GERKATIN and Himpunan Wanita Disabilitas Indonesia (HWDI) on the implementation of partnership programs with people with disabilities, including the implementation of all of the above program improvement initiatives.
With the partner recruitment program for persons with disabilities that has been conducted for 5 (five) years, this incident should have been avoided. We must and will conduct this program better, as part of our corporate responsibility.
Grab always upholds professionalism based on humanity in all aspects of our operations and is always open to suggestions and criticisms from all parties to continue to improve this program, in order to create services that are inclusive for all.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.