Expands its service to Jayapura, Grab is the first mobile platform available across Indonesia from Aceh to Papua
Grab, the leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia, is now expanding its service to 75 cities across Indonesia and becoming the first on-demand transportation platform serving commuters from Banda Aceh, Aceh to Jayapura, Papua.
- Largest mobile platform in Indonesia in terms of geographical footprint with the widest service coverage area
- Grab becomes the first ever on-demand transportation to serve eastern and western province of Indonesia
- Safe, convenient and affordable ride at your fingertips
Jakarta, 2 October 2017 – Grab, the leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia, is now expanding its service to 75 cities across Indonesia and becoming the first on-demand transportation platform serving commuters from Banda Aceh, Aceh to Jayapura, Papua.
The expansion is in line with Grab’s key mission to make transportation more accessible to everyone and continue to play a part in solving local transportation issues by offering fixed fare rides that are safe, convenient and affordable at the tap of a button on the smartphone.
“The Grab service in the new cities will continue to leverage on the same safety aspects that we have set, from daily operations to driver training to technology features as safety is paramount to Grab. With a strong presence in seven countries regionally and more than 60 million downloads, we are certainly poised to be the ride of choice for locals and regional travelers.” said Mediko Azwar, Marketing Director Grab Indonesia.
Commitment to Improving Safety and the Ride Experience
Grab has an end-to-end safety programme, from daily operations to driver training to technology features, to ensure that both Grab drivers and passengers are best protected throughout their journey:
- Stringent background checks: Grab driver-partners are required to go through stringent background checks and also training with a strict code of conduct to comply with.
- Driver-partners details information: To ensure the safety of their rides, the passengers can see their driver’s name, plate number, and photo on the app, so they know who’s picking them up ahead of time.
- Customer service: Both passengers and drivers can contact the 24-7 customer hotline.
- Share-My-Ride: Passengers can share their ride with their friends and family so they can keep track of their journey in real-time.
- Insurance Policy: Both drivers and passengers are also provided with free insurance coverage by Grab.
- Fixed Fare Rides: Passengers can know their fare upfront and not worry about price fluctuation especially when travelling through traffic jams.
- GrabChat: An in-app chat feature that allows both drivers and passengers to communicate safely and efficiently for free without having to leave the app.
- GrabRewards: Passengers can earn points and exchange it for exclusive discounts and promotions, so in essence, the more passengers ride, the more rewards they can collect.
To start using Grab, passengers only need to :
- Go to either the Google Playstore or Apple Appstore and download the Grab App and register.
- Key-in the respective pick-up and drop-off locations and also promo code.
- Click Book.
Grab solves critical transportation challenges to make transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. Grab’s core product platform includes cars, motorbikes, and taxi-hailing. Grab is the #1 on-demand transportation platform in Southeast Asia with a market share of 95% in third-party taxi-hailing and 72% in private vehicle hailing and currently offers services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar. According to TNS, a global market research firm, in Indonesia, Grab is the brand that is used most often compared to other ride-hailing apps and taxi booking apps.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform. Grab solves critical transportation challenges to make transport freedom a reality for 620 million people in Southeast Asia. Grab’s core product platform includes transport solutions for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability, as well as its proprietary mobile payments platform, GrabPay, which is increasing access to mobile payment solutions for millions of Grab riders and drivers across Southeast Asia and deepening financial inclusion in the region. In Indonesia, Grab’s network of 500,000 agents is helping the unbanked and underbanked utilize GrabPay’s platform to participate in the digital revolution. Grab currently offers services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar. For more information, please visit: http://www.grab.com.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast Asia’s leading ride-hailing company.
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Grab today announced the availability of GrabChat, an instant messaging platform built within the app, across all its locations in Southeast Asia to provide a more seamless and speedier pickup to drivers and passengers.