Grab Celebrates the “Frontliners of Our Homes” with Special Treats this Mother’s Day
As Filipinos celebrate Mother's Day this year, Grab is honoring the "frontliners of our homes" who work tirelessly everyday to support their families amid the pandemic. Despite the challenges that our mothers go through everyday, they never fail to treat their kids as if they were still babies, giving utmost care and support. This Mother’s Day, our moms get to be the baby of our homes with special gifts and offers from Grab.
- Mothers take on many roles both at home and in the outside world. They hardly take a break especially during this pandemic. May they be a mompreneur, a frontliner, or a stay-at-home mom, they deserve a break for all that they do.
- They treat their kids everyday as if they were still babies, giving utmost care and support. This Mother’s Day, our moms get to be the baby with special gifts and offers from Grab for a well-deserved break.
MANILA, Philippines, March 7, 2020 – The current situation has turned home into an important space of comfort and protection, and has put mothers into the spotlight as the frontliners of our homes. The role of mothers has never been more important and challenging especially with the whole family at home— always working tirelessly to provide the needs of the family, while also ensuring their safety. Whether your moms are at home everyday with the family or away working as healthcare frontliners, a GrabFood delivery partner, or an essentials provider, they deserve recognition for all that they do.
As Filipinos celebrate Mother’s Day this year, Grab is honoring the “frontliners of our homes” who work tirelessly everyday to support their families amid the pandemic.
Andrea Tuason proves that the internet can be a stay-at-home mother’s key to earning. With her perseverance, and help from GrabExpress’ Madiskarteng Boss Club, Andrea Tuason started her online gift store “iFitmo” that offers products from fashion to technology items.
“Halos ganoon pa din ‘yung business thanks to GrabExpress. Swerte kasi dahil dito accessible pa din ‘yung mga products ko sa mga customers kahit na may ECQ,” [ENG: “Business still runs smoothly thanks to GrabExpress. Luckily it has helped us keep our products accessible especially during this ECQ.”] shared Andrea. She’s still able to service her clients with the help of GrabExpress. And through this, she is able to provide for the needs of her child with special needs.
A FEMALE DELIVERY-PARTNER ON THE FRONTLINE
In a male-dominated industry, Lovella Tagalog puts her foot down as queen of the road. Based in Cebu, Lovella juggles her time by working both as a GrabExpress and GrabFood delivery rider-partner, and a mother.
“Tama lang ang kita ngayon pero nakakaraos pa din, buti na lang at katulong ko ang partner ko na home-based. Bilang isang ina, (Nagpa)pasalamat ako kasi naiintindihan nila ang trabaho ko na nasa labas at wala sa bahay. Pinapaliwanag ko sa anak ko kung bakit ako wala, at naiintindihan naman niya,” [ENG: I’m earning enough for the family to get by. It’s also a good thing that I get help from my partner who’s home-based. As a mom, I’m thankful that my family is understanding of my work. I’ve explained to my child why I need to be outside at a time like this and he’s been very understanding], shared Lovella.
Alicia Laqi’s story is an inspiration for men and women alike who want to venture into the food business. Starting from a humble jollijeep stall in Makati, Sisig Sa Rada has successfully become the top-of-mind name when you mention sisig, particularly for those living and working in Makati and BGC. In tandem with her husband, and supported by GrabFood, they were able to grow their business which is now a stable source of income for their family.
Despite the challenges that our mothers go through everyday, they never fail to treat their kids as if they were still babies, giving utmost care and support. These women, and all the mothers who work hard to support their families, deserve our recognition. This Mother’s Day, our moms get to be the baby of our homes with special gifts and offers from Grab.
Let moms be the baby of our homes this Mother’s Day with these special gifts:
- GrabMart – Give your mom a leisurely break with GrabMart’s specially-curated bundles. In cooperation with GrabMart partners such as Family Mart, Freshmart, ASSI Fresh Plaza, ASSI Cesi, Great Deals E-commerce, Robinsons Supermarket, Barcino, Dog City and Fetch, you can now treat your mothers with special bundles for movie night, K-drama marathon, mighty moms, fur mommies, new mama and pamper kits. On top of the special bundles, consumers can also get up to P200 off, use promo codes FORMAMA100 for P100 off min. P990 and FORMAMA200 for P200 off min. P1990 and send these special gifts so they can take a break on their special day!
- GrabFood – A day off from fussing in the kitchen, treat your mom with a sumptuous Mother’s Day feast by ordering from GrabFood! Use the promo code GFFORMAMA for free delivery on participating merchants.
- GrabExpress – Check our partner online sellers in-app for unique gift ideas and get P50 off valid for 3x use on delivery if you use this promo code: GEFORMAMA. Get a curated gift box made especially for your mom!
- GrabPay – Spoil your mom because she deserves it! Get 20% OFF on ZALORA, P150 OFF on Flowerstore, and 10% OFF on BeautyMNL Gift Cards on Share Treats when you use promo code GPFORMAMA and checkout using GrabPay.
- GrabRewards – Got some Grab points in your stash? Get discount vouchers from partners like iFlix, iWant, Lazada, BeautyMNL, Flowerstore.ph, Photobook and Flower Chimp to treat your moms
As an everyday super app, Grab helps moms fulfill their day-to-day tasks as frontliners of our homes and lives. This Mother’s Day, it’s our turn to treat our moms with the break they deserve with the wide array of offers from Grab. To find out more about the Mother’s Day promos, check out https://www.grab.com/ph/blog/angbabyngbahay/.
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Inside GrabExplore Grab’s official blog
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast […]
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Step 1: After making a booking, the GrabChat icon will appear on screen. Step 2: Click the […]