Grab Philippines announces GrabBayanihan Vaccination Support Program
Subject to vaccine supply availability, Grab Philippines will subsidize COVID-19 vaccinations for driver- and delivery-partners who are not covered by the national vaccination program. Grab Philippines will also launch a specialized car fleet comprising of vaccinated driver-partners to provide discounted mobility services to senior citizens and high-risk Filipinos going to and from vaccination centers; while working closely with both national and local governments to leverage the Grab app and platform to help raise public health awareness on vaccine safety and efficacy.
MANILA PHILIPPINES, 13 MAY 2021 – Grab Philippines today launched its GrabBayanihan Vaccination Support Program to help increase vaccine access and education for Filipinos. The program includes a range of measures to encourage all consumers and driver- and delivery-partners to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Grab Philippines will also work closely with the national and local government units and leverage its ground fleet network and app to offer mobility, communications, and logistics support for their respective vaccination programs.
In a recent survey conducted by Pulse Asia, it revealed that 61 percent of Filipinos don’t wish to get inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine even if the shot is available. GrabBayanihan Vaccination Support Program is focused on vaccine access and education. As the Philippines begins to roll out vaccinations, Grab is committed to supporting informed and equitable access to vaccines for all Filipinos.
Access: To support easy access to the COVID-19 vaccine and to encourage its employees, partners, and consumers to get vaccinated through the local government units, Grab Philippines is committed to:
- Work with local and national governments to include Grab driver- and delivery-partners in the National Vaccination Program of the Philippine Government as economic frontliners.
- Work with its partners to provide pre- and post-vaccination telemedical consultation to help identify the comorbidity status of its driver- and delivery-partners, and connect them with their local governments for inoculation.
- Extend its Post-Vaccination Livelihood Protection insurance policy free of charge to cover the potential loss of income to driver- and delivery-partners resulting from COVID-19 vaccine side effects.
- Create a specialized fleet of vaccinated driver-partners to provide discounted mobility solutions for senior citizens and high-risk individuals or those with comorbidities going to and from vaccination centers.
- Subject to vaccine supply availability, Grab Philippines will subsidize the cost of COVID-19 vaccines for driver- and delivery-partners who are not covered by the national vaccination program.
- Cover the cost of COVID-19 vaccinations for all Grab Philippines employees and their immediate family members.
Education: Grab Philippines is working closely with the Department of Health to provide up-to-date vaccination information to combat misinformation and boost public confidence in COVID-19 vaccines.
- Together with the Department of Health, Grab Philippines will publish accurate vaccine and other public health information within dedicated high-visibility spaces in the Grab app.
- To help governments better understand the public sentiment around vaccines, Grab Philippines will launch a “COVID-19 Snap Survey”. The survey will enable the Department of Health to conduct lightning polls to gather real-time data on vaccine sentiment. Grab hopes this will enable public health authorities to better tailor their vaccine strategy.
- Grab Philippines will also conduct a series of workshops and town halls to educate its driver-, delivery-, and merchant-partners on the benefits of getting vaccinated.
Grab Philippines Country Head Grace Vera Cruz said: “Many of our kababayans spent the last year making enormous sacrifices for our communities – showing the best of who we are as Filipinos. Now that we are gradually striving towards socio-economic recovery, we believe that the vaccination efforts- from both the private and public sectors- provide much-needed hope for many of our kababayans. Through Grab Philippines’ technology, platform, and partnerships, we are reinforcing our commitment to supporting livelihoods and helping the recovery of our communities.”
Media InquiriesContact the Grab media team
Follow us on Grab social channels
Grab StoriesExplore the ideas and people that define Grab
Engineering StoriesLearn more about our technology development
Grab Beta Launches GrabRewards to Make Rides Even More Rewarding
Grab today unveiled GrabRewards, Southeast Asia’s first regional loyalty programme for ride-hailing passengers, capping off a successful year for Southeast […]
Grab Launches In-app Instant Messaging Service GrabChat for Ride-hailing across Southeast Asia
Step 1: After making a booking, the GrabChat icon will appear on screen. Step 2: Click the […]